1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel research should effect the team?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Jul 8, 2013.

?

How should research effect the game?

1. Some tech should counter other tech (the right tech will win you the game)

6.7%
  2. Tech should counter other tech but not very strongly (so you get a small advantage)

46.7%
  3. Tech should not counter other Tech

26.7%
  4. More tech paths!

33.3%
  5. Tech should not be divided into paths

6.7%
  6. Not researching anything will give a small advantage

13.3%
  7. Fuck off Eamono your "no research = small buff" is the retarded-est idea to ever exist on the forums

33.3%
  8. I don't bother with tech much, as long as I have my bombs/arrows I'm happy

13.3%
  9. Research was a bad idea and should be removed

6.7%
  10. Research is fine as-is

26.7%
  11. OMFG eamono quit making these retarted as hell poll threads!

33.3%
  12. Too many bugs/imba-ness/etc. to be worrying about research (but say what you think about it anyways)

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

What purpose do you think research should play in the game? Should it be used as a way to pace the game and stop war-boat + cata rushes within 2 minutes, or do you think certain tech should "counter" other tech?

While I don't want a game that's entirely ruled by seeing what tech the enemy has and preparing accordingly (like starcraft) I don't want want games to just be armies of increasingly powerful stuff fighting each other, I think that there should be some more prominent "tech paths", right now it feels like your research "vote" doesn't really matter much since everything gets researched pretty quickly anyways. I would also like there to be an option of not researching anything, doing so buff the team in some way (perhaps make factories work faster?).

2. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Yes, definitely. Maybe a boost to boat speed or normal arrows speed? idk