1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you save and load maps in sandbox?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by AADSUP23, Feb 27, 2012.

1. AADSUP23

AADSUP23 Shipwright

I don't know how to and I always wish I could keep my precious creations in sandbox it takes me ages to make them. Is there anyway and could you add it to the wiki? In case future players might ask the same question.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

please do a quick search or something next time.

3. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

I've tried what RoboHobo said and it's told me that i should NOT use loadbitmap and that I should use loadmap instead... And when I try that it tells me I've done it wrong so... help?

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Correct commands are: /loadmap namehere (example: /loadmap testmap) and /savemap namehere (example: /savemap mynewmap).
    Olimarrex, if you're in sandbox and you want to load a new map that you just saved, you've to restart the game. KAG loads all the files that are in KAG main folder only once, after you click Play button in the launcher. So if you put there any new files after the game was launched, they will be "invisible" for the game until the restart.

TIP: Go to sandbox, save the map as you want and restart the game. Now when game starts, it will load all the files from KAG directory (including your saved map). Go back to sandbox and load the map you saved. Now you can play and do what you want. When you're done, just save the map with the same name as you did for the first time, so game will overwrite the file instead of creating a new one and restart won't be necessary.

5. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actualy the command is: /loadbitmap namehere
    That's what I use and it works, so I guess that's the right one.

6. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oh that's right, my bad ::P:

7. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Oh, I could have sworn I restarted kag before... But it seems to work now, thanks! I tried using the search function and this was the only one that came up...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

Alright here's is all the information you need:
    /rcon /loadmap [mapname]
    This is for your .kag files.
    You get these by saving your nap via. In game. Go to editor set a name for it and click savemap. This will be saved into your kag directory. C:/users/[yourname]/kag/base/maps
    /rcon /savemap saves the map
    Here is the confusion:
    /rcon /loadbitmap [mapname]
    Loads a .png map only. You can not save a map as a .png via. Console using the savemap as mentioned. To get a .png map you need to use an application to make. I use paint.NET.
    Note. Loadbitmap doesn't work on beta.

9. 2 questions
    X. It's singleplayer or multiplayer?
    X. Do u have editor?

a)If u have editor , you can save the map with that combination esc»editor»save the map
    B) To load map , press [Home] and say that command: /rcon /loadbitmap (name map)

2. If u do not know map name , i think name map is : editor
    If u change the name , u have to go to kag classic folder » base »maps » and here find your map

I think , now u doesn't have more problems with that's type sytuation