1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to install a mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Mazey, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Installing a mod is quite simple, here is how it is done in 3 simple steps

I'm going to install Skinney's mod "Blowjob", which changes people's head into a custom one from inside the mod (if they have one). Keep in mind that this is a server-side mod.

I will continue assuming you've downloaded the mod (Blowjob.zip)

Step 1 - Opening your King Arthur's Gold folder
    This is the most difficult step. Either remember where you put the extracted the game or if you're a Steam user: right click King Arthur's Gold in your Steam library, click Properties, select LOCAL FILES tab, click Browse Local Files

Step 2 - Putting the mod at the right place
    Open up the Mods folder, and place the mod you downloaded there (in this case Blowjob.zip) and extract it

Step 3 - Enabling the mod
    Go back to the main King Arthur's Gold folder and open up Mods.cfg with a text editor and add the name of the folder of the mod you put in the Mods folder in the previous step. (In this case we extracted Blowjob.zip which contained the folder Blowjob so we put Blowjob there)

And you're done! Run the game now and enjoy the mod you downloaded

2. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Note that this is different for client-side and API mods; For client side mods you have to put the mod in your base folder and overwrite (make sure to back up your game!).

For API mods, you just need to add
    Code:
    mod-directory = mod-author:mod-name
    to your mods.cfg, where mod-directory is the directory you want the mod to be written to (make sure your KAG application has writing rights there!), mod-author is the author's API name and mod-name the mod's API name

The huge benefit of this method is that whenever the mod author publishes an update, your server will automatically download it when it restarts

3. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you have to overwrite base files when installing a client-side mod, putting a mod in mods folder and in mods.cfg should be enough for it to work client-side from what I remember, but I believe joining any server removes mods you have active (apart from visual/texture ones).

Vamist likes this.
  4. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Yeah, if you just want the mod for singleplayer you can treat your local KAG installation as the server, but if you want a client-side mod on somebody else's server (e.g. a texture pack), you need to overwrite your base. Any mods on the server will overwrite client-side mods though (which is how my Anti-impromod works)

Frikman likes this.