1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to make yourself an admin in your server?

Discussion in 'Help' started by RustyRisk, Feb 18, 2017.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. RustyRisk

RustyRisk Catapult Fodder

Hello, just another question from rusty. C: I am using https://gshost.us/ to host my server, and I can't seem to make myself a superadmin. If anyone can help me solve this problem that would be awesome. okay, lets get started. :smug:

:right:For my superadmin.cfg.example, I renamed the file superadmin.cfg. Inside I added my KAG username: stephen_the_7th as well as semicolon at the end. I don't know if this is necessary.

name = Super Admin
    users = stephen_the_7th;
    roles = rcon;
    commands = ALL;
    features = admin_color; always_change_team; ban_immunity; editor; freeze_immunity; ignore_immunity; join_full; kick_immunity; map_vote; mark_any_team; mark_player; mute_immunity; name_mouseover; name_mouseover_spectator; pingkick_immunity; silent_rcon; skip_votewait; spectator; view_collapses; view_console; view_rcon; vote_cancel;
    assign = admin; vip; normal; premium;

:right:The next file I edited is the seclevs.cfg.example. Same as before I removed example and it is now seclevs.cfg. I didn't do anything else to this file.

# If 0, defers to hardcoded settings
    levels_active = 1

# Level file paths go here as a ;-delimited list - the order is important as users will be assigned the first level in this list that they match (i.e. if they are a superadmin they won't be a normal, even though they match normal too). Seclevs are matched to users based on either username (in the users list) or role (in the roles list) - they only need to match one username or role in either list to be matched.
    # The default level (that users will be assigned if they do not match any of the other levels) is the last one in this list.
    levels_files = ../Security/superadmin.cfg; ../Security/admin.cfg; ../Security/guard.cfg; ../Security/vip.cfg; ../Security/premium.cfg; ../Security/normal.cfg;

# When defining security levels, you may use the following variables:

# name is the display name of the security level.

# users is a ;-delimited list of users this will apply to.

# roles is a ;-delimited list of roles this will apply to.
    # Available roles: premium (premium players), guard (KAG guards), rcon (people logged into rcon), kagstaff (KAG staff)

# commands is a ;-delimited list of rcon commands this level can use. Alternatively use the keyword ALL; to enable all rcon commands.
    # For a list of available commands use /help in the game console or go to the KAG wiki here: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Commands

# features is a ;-delimited list of 'extra features' this level can use.
    # A full list of available extra features is listed on the KAG wiki here: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Security_Levels#Features

# assign is a is a ;-delimited list of seclev names (as set in their name variable).
    # A player is able to assign another player a seclev via /rcon /assignseclev [playername] [seclev ID] if they have the name of both that other user's current seclev and the seclev they wish to assign them in their own seclev's assign list. Seclev ID is a number that (should) correspond to the seclev's position in the seclev list, where the first is 0, the second is 1, etc. Use /rcon /printseclevs to see the seclev's with their IDs.

:right:Furthermore, I made sure to check if the autoconfig.cfg to see if the rcon password was right: sv_rconpassword = mypassword
    I have already tried to login as admin in my server by pressing the Home button then typed in /rcon /login mypassword. nothing happend, and I don't think i should even have to do this.

Thanks for reading.:heart:

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

superadmin.cfg.
    Rename
    superadmin.cfg

Dont have the dot after it.
    Do that to all the files with the .example after
    e.g
    [​IMG]

RustyRisk likes this.
  3. RustyRisk

RustyRisk Catapult Fodder

sorry the dot was a spelling mistake, after i take all the .examples off and have my name in the superadmin.cfg I should be an admin right.

Oh dang it's working, Thanks! by the way, I can't use commands. Would that be in the superadmin.cfg?

4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Go into rcon and type Sv_test 1, it enable commands

RustyRisk likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey