1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to stop worrying and love the bomb?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Apr 5, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So then any way that you can one-shot an archer MUST be OP and we should totally nerf it right now, and give archers 7 hearts and arrows that do 3 hearts of damage.(sarcasm)

Also, Everything in KAG is unpredictable, because it's controlled by humans, not AI.

@Kazaco97 Good throw, It caught oodle by suprise. It was timed well, and aimed well. And from what I'm guessing, it wasn't totally random and "out of nowhere".

Kazaco97 and Galen like this.
  2. qstrahl

qstrahl Ballista Bolt Thrower

You are correct. With regard to tile damage: knights are plenty good at destroying tiles anyway; they have the keg, after all, and can chop through wood and dirt all day long with no need for anything but the left mouse button. They don't need bombs to be a great tool for hurting buildings, or there would be little left for offensive builders (and if some people are to be believed, archers) to do. =P

3. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I'm saying one-shotting from across the map without telegraphing is OP. I don't think that's too much to say.

4. qstrahl

Don't be thick.

I said don't.

PandemicCommander likes this.
  5. PandemicCommander

Actually, if you shrink the bomb's gradient with respect to damage, a bomb hitting point-blank should still do just as much. A knight bombing a building can still to as much damage. So no harm there.

6. qstrahl

Absolutely; what I mean is that there is no need for the bomb to deal significant damage to buildings from a short distance away.

7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

yeah it's a great throw, i complemented him several times, but it could have killed me even if it was not as well placed, and farther away from me.

8. qstrahl

The point illustrated by the video is that it is not always feasible to anticipate when bombs will be coming at you with sufficient fidelity to avoid being insta-killed. If the archer is indeed meant to support other classes, it can't simply be a given that archers are an instant away from certain death whenever they get within bomb throwing range of any kngiht.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Nothing can always be certain, nor should it be.

Not sure what's up with you guys and your pussy brigade of always needing to be certain, you have more fucking ass burgers than no items, final destination, fox only. only fags.

10. qstrahl

For the pedantic, I'll rephrase: it is very frequently not feasible to avoid being insta-killed when anywhere within throwing range of any knight.

This is a Bad Thing.

It's not about never being in a situation where death is inescapable; it's about not always being in that situation.

11. PandemicCommander

Yep, that's us archers always wanting every possible advantage, since it inconceivable that something could hurt a class unfairly.

If the problem is the people playing archer, then NOBODY knows how properly play archer, since pretty much every good archer I know has weighed in in favor of some change on this thread.

12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

So, arrow slashing has been removed, so Slashing archers just got a hell of a lot harder. Are you now telling me that Bombs shouldn't be able to kill archers easily so that Archers will easily walk over knights?

And I was talking with Trumbles on IRC...
    Archer just got easier, and knight got harder. Happy archers?

13. qstrahl

No, not at all. That was a bad call. I'd rather have arrow slashing (skill based, begets competitive hype combat) in the game than huge insta kill bomb blast radius (chance based, discourages fun combat by forcing non-knights to disengage and run away all the time).

zerd likes this.
  14. kodysch

I'd say yeah I'm happy, but the blast radius could be revamped still.

15. qstrahl

I'm honestly not happy; arrow slashing (slashing, not jabbing) is a legitimately cool mechanic that good knights can use to advance on archers, requires skill, doesn't drastically swing the balance of power either way, makes for interesting gameplay...

Bombs killing everything with less than four hearts in a quarter-mile radius (gross exaggeration) is just dumb. I'd trade those nerfs any day.

16. kodysch

I just don't like it when i'm point blank with them, they slash my arrow and kill me, only having arrow slashing at a distance would be best, just not within the stun range of an archer.

17. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

The only place where arrow slashing is "timed and skillful" is at long-medium range, ranges where a shield would work just fine.

I'm happy arrow slashing was removed, archers already do relatively low damage, it doesn't need to be made horribly unreliable, as well.

18. qstrahl

That's a fair point, but I'd gladly take arrow slashing back for reduced kill-zone radius on bombs.

19. PandemicCommander

When did slashing get taken out? I was playing Jigsaw at TDM a day ago and he was slashing my arrows left and right.

I wouldn't mind arrow slashing if the knight couldn't follow through for a kill, slashing an arrow ending the slash would have been a good middle ground.

20. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester

First off, there was NOTHING random about that bomb, it was perfectly thrown and cooked. You can actually fucking see @Kazaco97 light and cook the bomb its not random. All the video showed was a scrub archer not having frontline battle awareness. He literally ran up to the front lines and EVAPORATED the blocks protecting the flag. Experience would have let him know that after doing so he should have gotten the fuck out of there. Instead he remained there not taking advantage of archer mobility, like a scrub.

You guys bitch way too much. 90% of the complaints in this thread are from players who either don't know what the fuck they are talking about, or aren't as good as they think they are. The other 10% are a combination of both.

PS.

As I can no longer, intentionally slash arrows out of the air... *sigh... You guys just got another indirect buff.

Mods: Rainbows