1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Huge Lag bomb

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Invaders, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Category: Server
    Operating system: Im running Win7
    Build number: 781; I've seen this before now, but not this badly
    Description: A thrown bomb will get bigger and redder until it eventually explodes, with some odd effects.
    Steps to reproduce: 1) Join a server with 150+ ping
    2) Become a bomb knight
    3) Throw the bomb
    4) The bomb should turn red and get progressively bigger
    5) The bomb will explode, taking a second to do terrain damage and then applying player damage later as if it just went off.

Screenshots/Videos: I was getting the screenshot bug, this should be easy enough to reproduce though.
    (I'm reporting these two tegether because they are probably the same thing.)
    Category: Both, I think
    Operating system: I'm running Win7
    Build number: 781
    Description: If you're seeing lag bombs as per the bug above this, it's possible to pick them up, duplicating them at their current color and size and resetting the fuse on them, should you pick them up close enough to detonation time. I've been able to get one bomb go through 4 generations of this. It's also worth noting that it seems to be a 50/50 chance (depending on the ping) whether the bomb will be purely client-side or not.
    Steps to reproduce: Repeat the process for the first bug, but pick the bomb up right before it explodes.
    Screenshots/Videos: Screenshot bugged, and after I left the server to fix the bug, the lag stopped.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Don't use colours next time. I had to edit your post manually to make it readable. The same goes for the other thread you've made.

Noburu likes this.
  3. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Im not using colors, I just CTRL+C'd and CTRL+V'd the template, I didn't even know there were colors.

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

So this has only ever happened to you once? Are you sure it wasn't just regular lag? Have you been able to reproduce this in the latest build?

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Sorry for the late replay, I was out. Every build of Beta I've seen this, and it only seems to be when someone is lagging the server with a bug, and seriously lagging it.

6. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Has this still happened? If so, could we get a screenshot/video of it?

7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I frequently see tomato bombs, in servers that are lagging/bogged down. Never tried to pick them up, though! This is interesting..

8. This always happens to me when I'm lagging.

9. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Could either of you two upload a video/screenie?

10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

tomato bombs are the scourge of KAG

Apronymous likes this.