1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I am still not very happy with archers.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doomman117, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Well put Toast. Everything i have been trying to say. I was almost about to put up a chart like yours.

2. Kuja

Kuja Shark Slayer

pro-tip: if you see an archer, just let some teammates forward to kill it.

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Archers can climb trees twice but are incapable of climbing arrows? :huh?:

PadaV4 likes this.
  4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i intended it to be climb trees and arrows
    then i seperated it into trees and trees for some reason

5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Kay'den.

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

They changed archers to be less shoot-you-from-super-far-away. You know why? Because everyone hated it. Every single person who played Knight commonly (which was, and probably still is, something like 60% of players) complained very loudly that archers were OP.

Now, they have to get up close and personal to attack effectively with their arrows, meaning you have ample time to spot them and guard from their attacks. The knife is supposed to make them more stealth-oriented (playing dead and all that) and the speed of the knife is absolutely necessary if truly sneaky backstabs are ever going to be a part of the game, because it would be far too easy to dodge if it were like a sword - you would see it coming as soon as the archer stood up to attack.

The solution I have in mind is reintroducing shieldbashing, which I'm pretty sure the devs intend(ed?) to do. If an archer gets up in your grill, you should be able to whip out your shield and smack them silly with it, stunning them, following up with a stab, and dissuading them from charging and using the knife as their main weapon.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

SirLoading and ParaLogia like this.
  7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I'm personally a fan of long distance archers.

Kazaco97, Digger101 and Villekille707 like this.
  8. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Long distance archers were fine, they were not OP at all. It was the way archers are intended in my mind. They made an archers into a jab spam fest. that is not an archer in my mind. An archer should be someone so good with a bow they do not have to use knives. Like i said, having it like a small sword would be fine by me, it would stop jab spamming.

Kazaco97 and Apronymous like this.
  9. Kuja

Kuja Shark Slayer

Actually, if you hit shield with backstab you are getting stunned, for a quite long. Sometimes it feels, like its too long.

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Are you kidding me. It's not even remotely good game design if an unit can shoot you from the other side of the screen without you being able to do anything about it, except with another unit of the same type. Ever heard of archer vs archer tower wars? That _is_ the most boring experience I've ever had in KAG.

The archers in this game originally were a kite-y class with really strong cqc cabapilities. But Geti was all maide about this because contrary pwned him so hard, and he changed the archers to what they are now in classic in a few patches. The beta brought some of this kiting back, though still not as good as the early archer, but remotely fun to play again. And in the most recent patch the archers' only way to penetrate a shield is fire arrows, (which is stupid imo) so fucking man up already OP and stop whining.

If archers still dominate you, better accept the fact you suck in this game. If you think long distance archers were funnier, you're a faggot.

NinjaCell, Rainbows, One and 4 others like this.
  11. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

I honestly like the new archers, and when knights can now do like 1.5/2 jabs per second they're easy to kill

Villekille707 likes this.
  12. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

Ah, the war that never ends: The archer vs. knight hate war. I am okay with the archers stabbing right now, but the arrow spamming is probably more horrible now than it was in alpha. So easy to kill, but hard to get close to. (especially in water)

13. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Let's not get into arguments about the use of a single word, ok? He was being pretty damned civil, and using the term 'faggot' at the end does detract from his points in any way, or at least, no more than it would if he had used the term 'noob'.

Talk to the whole post, because it's all relevant, because damning a perfectly valid post for a single word is ultimately puerile in the extreme. I've deleted the two posts by doomman117 and the one post from Monsteri, and now you can try the discussion again. ^_^

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

time to break leetdom
    i'd rather be called a noob then a faggot. A faggot has a meaning in the real world and the word noob is mainly used for people who are bad at games.
    good game design? good game design? is that even possible? i don't think that is possible when it comes to the archer knight debate. There is no simple knight > archer > builder > knight balancing here in King Arthur's gold. Do you want archers to rape everyone? Do you want to make every class but archers become living hell to play? I would hope not, but if you do you are a scumbag that i would not like to play with.

Apronymous likes this.
  15. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I'm going to have to agree with monsteri, if you are having issues versing an archer in a 1v1 as a knight, then you fucking suck. Now that they can't break shields without fire arrows they are amazingly easy to kill. All you need to do is run up to them with your shield raised and spam them to death. (If you can't do that then set your server browser to beginner pls, even henrys do it well) Sure a good archer can be a real pain in the arse, but they should not kill you unless you suck.

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You're a huge noob, also a faggot.

17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Guys, stahp.

18. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Can someone close this? I am not gonna let this thread turn to name calling. Come on guys.

19. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Oh, no worries, we'll close it if this escalates. We know how to do this stuff, rite Hella?

//Clarification: Galen has absolutely no idea how to do this stuff. ~ Hella
    //Also, shush, Apronymous. ;-; ~ Hella

Apronymous likes this.
  20. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

And Hella has absolutely no idea how to fully color text.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.