1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I just don't get the combat system......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doomman117, May 10, 2013.

?

Do you think the combat system is glitched?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Maybe?

12.5%
  1. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I don't get it, archer seems to be OP, but knight-knight combat seems like it does not work!

I jab someone and it does nothing or half heart, they jab me and i get inst-killed.

What did i do wrong? Was it a glitch, or was it some obscure trick no one knows yet?
    A good explanation of the system would be nice, and it would sure help for Beta testing.

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Simple:
    Jabbing removes half a heart (I'll have to be corrected on that). If you jab a shield, you get stunned.
    There are two levels of slashes. First one acts like the regular Classic slash and the second level works like a double slash. If you hold the charge too long, you'll get stunned. I recommend practicing in Skirmish or RTDM.

3. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Its been changed a little, you can overcharge, and stabs will damage more if you hit from above.
    stuns are very varied, and there are a lot of causes. (hitting a shield with a stab, getting hit with an arrow (very short to quite long, depends on charge) and others)
    charging a slash takes longer.
    archers have a weak melee attack (quarter heart), but when they (manage to) hit a knight in the back, it does two hearts damage.