1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I suggest returning the clan chat.

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Rambo, Mar 27, 2012.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

63.9%
  2. No

36.1%
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. 1.-I mean its a completely a mess with this new form of "organization". If you want to apply to a clan you need to be accepted to join the group and people will think you belong to that clan if you only want to post in their threads. (I thought Nixito left BACON and joined Action!)

2.- Pointless groups. http://i.imgur.com/gQbLC.jpg (nothing personal Noburu)

My suggestion is: bring back the clan chat for serious clans/groups and for people who want to applied to them without doing all that process and for events, and leave the group section for something less serious.

I hope we can reach a decision.

SARGRA13, Pitbull7, Redigit and 3 others like this.
  2. Bring it back but don't moderate it heavily, one moderator if any, is my suggestion. The groups thing isn't working very well for applications, etc as Rambo already said. It's nice for group discussion and things but the chat thread was better for getting clan members...So +1.

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'll tell you guys right now, the reason it was demolished was simply because it was a terrible breeding ground of bad grammar and spam. Also we were moderating it lightly which is why it was deleted in the first place. To be honest if it were implemented again, we'd have to moderate hard and keep it purely for just applications and events, ladies?

inactive_account likes this.
  4. One question, somebody is moderating the group section?

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Sort of yes, but groups are supposed to moderate themselves. We only delete groups if they are offensive, and currently are making some rules for them. They should be posted soon, ladies?

6. Would it be possible for whoever created the thread to have the ability to moderate it, Kouji?

But I still want Clan Chat back, makes it sooo much easier.

inactive_account, Foxodi and Rambo like this.
  7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Calm down groups will be fixed hopefully soon, all we need is private which will happen this week sometime and then we are good to go

SARGRA13, inactive_account and Foxodi like this.
  8. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This approach brings the same result as Clan Chat before it was closed; an unnavigable shitheap where everybody is only concerned with their thread and is thus completely ignorant to exactly why that terrible, terrible place needs to stay shut forever. BLAST went through four incarnations in a month, and every one of the threads was a bunch of mindless chatter and people pretending to have formal systems in place. Calling that section's contents clans is a complete mockery; they were more cool kid clubs than anything else, and that half-hearted, no pressure atmosphere belongs in one designated section and nowhere else.

I am against having to moderate actual user content-freedom of speech, yes yes--, but moderating the standards for that content is another thing entirely, and is in fact necessary to keep things constructive; in America, you're allowed to speak your mind, but you'll be in cuffs pretty quick if you run through the streets shouting racist, abusive remarks, and it's much the same here despite difference in context. Not an amazing, super efficient way to handle things, but about as flexible as we're gonna get.

I don't know who had the idea first, but the thought of having a hybrid solution-wherein the mindless chatter goes in groups and official events and stuff go in Clan Chat, preferably under a different section name-- is probably the best compromise we'll be able to reach.

rocker2, Sarmane, Contrary and 3 others like this.
  9. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

For now make 2 groups a private one and a application one.

10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I did but I think my second group got deleted?

inactive_account likes this.
  11. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Please please please please please make groups creatable by a forum mod upon request only. Clean out all the stupid spam groups, and make it clear that clan group membership is for clan members only. The groups are rapidly becoming worse than the clan forum ever was.

Rambo likes this.
  12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

A thousand times this. There are SO many stupid and unuseful groups that when I once looked at the section, I seriously wanted to hurt myself. No offense to all you people, but jokes like chin appreciation group are NOT Funny. If the groups won't get organized and made only by a request, it will just fall into same meaningless spam as the Clan Chat was.

Rambo likes this.
  13. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Pfft, tell that to Shirley Phelps.

Anyways, I agree that having a clan chat "openly" available for anyone in the community to read and access can be chaotic as disciplinary cautions that can be deferred when members of large groups feel verbally comfortable in groups while being even more harmful when other clan members can reach their vision through neighboring threads.

I for one support the idea of groups but we really do need a form of organized communication with this system.

14. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I am offended that no one is envious of my status in the Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking People group.

Moderator approval would help keep the spam down and weed out offensive groups. Its a good little forum widget; it just needs some tweaking, so keep calm and Don't Panic.

15. Ok lets be honest here, who still uses the group thing?

16. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

1 thing I want added to groups:
    When you are making a thread,
    you should be able to choose
    if you want your clan members
    only to post in it,or
    anyone.
    This would allow to have
    proper application threads,
    and people wouldnt have to
    pm you to apply for your clan.

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sadly it seems that if the writer of the addon is working on it he is doing it slow as he didn't originally intend it to be for 'clans' anyway, but just groups to talk in, so it doesn't seem he has the 'private' thing down pact.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97