1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I want to make (team)fighting mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Domenje, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Domenje

Domenje Horde Gibber

Hello, I want to create mod, in which you press buttons to control character, and fight inside one team against another team on a flat surface, with side view. Characters and their moves shouldnt be too hard to draw, as they have repetitive parts, but they should be easily distinguished. I need help in creating this mod, at least one artist, and maybe some programming help. Also I dont yet know KAG modding, but that can be fixed easily with some help as I know programming alright. I plan to make this mod of good quality.
    Here is rudimentary design document:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JoXDiC1EJhAWu81NOxgIRhE5Skm8f9KmKbEqsaltu94/edit?usp=sharing
    EDIT: ah i forgot to give access to documents sorry, now you have access.
    EDIT: Alright! As I was asked to elaborate, I shall do so!

The main point of mod is team fighting, like in team deathmatch in KAG, but with many character choices and flat surface.
    Controls will be bound to buttons, mouse will be only used for menus.
    Characters will be elementals of 5 main heraldic colors: red, blue, green, black, purple
    Teams will be Gold and Silver.(yellow and white)
    They all are either unarmed or have 5 kinds of weapons bound to them: mace, dagger, sword, spear or axe.(each elemental color can have any of these weapons, making a total of 30 combinations possible)
    They all can use magic, but unarmed elementals are more magic oriented.
    All combinations of colors and weapons will have varying movesets.
    In combat environment there will only be flat surface and space above it.
    You can only change your color and weapon before round, and can't throw away your weapon inside round, but you can use it as projectile.(weapon is bound to you for a round,even if you are unarmed)
    You can't commonly pass through allies or enemies, or throw projectiles through allies.

EDIT:I was told that this post would be better if I explained why I choose these features:

Why team fighting and not dueling? - Because team fighting adds much depth to gameplay,
    now you'll have to consider not only what you and your one opponent doing, but all of the allieas and enemies.
    Why flat surface? - Because moving and fighting on flat surface would be much easier to make and balance.
    Why bind weapons for a round? - Because if you could change or pick up weapons inside round, that would be too chaotic, and the mod will be already chaotic with so many people fighting in small space.
    Why not let characters commonly pass through each other? -Because then they could stack in one place and stack their attacks, which wouldnt be distinguished well.
    Why make classes different only in color and weapons? - Because it will be easier to draw all the characters, as they will have same model, while still being easy to distinguish all the character types.

As for fighting game's features, like different hitboxes and hurtboxes, stuns, blocks, many different moves with many properties, combos - the mod shall have them, though combos will probably be limited, because I find them being not very good design.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Sohkyo likes this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Could you be more explicit? What exactly will the mode be about?

There's a bunch of sprites, maps, sounds, modes and other stuff you can begin with.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  3. Domenje

Domenje Horde Gibber

The mode will be more like team deathmatch with 2 teams, but on flat surface, many character types to choose, movesets for each of character type controlled with keyboard only. Characters cant be changed through the round, only before round.
    I didnt elaborate too much because I thought that those who want to know more details would read design document.