1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Overlord - Inspired by "Overworld"

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Cirom, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

That is the most beautiful game mode title I have ever had the privilege of witnessing.:B):

Contrary and Cirom like this.
  2. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Oh wow.. xD Nice one. :D

I am so voting you to be King if this ever gets made.

Overlord likes this.
  3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

We will see, how easy the language is/how many tutorials there are.
    All in good/bad time I guess.

4. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

can i have a prerelease

5. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

This isn't Minecraft, this is a mod. Mods usually just go ahead and release version-number style, and fix the glitches as they go along. That's how it's been in Minecraft Forums, that's how it is in Terraria Online and that's probably how I'm gonna do it.

6. Sir_Edward

Sir_Edward Builder Stabber

I hate to be a naysayer, because this actually sounds pretty cool but...
    How on earth could this work practically? you're basically stringing out CTF games like a big game of chess and the people are players. problem is, this would take multiple servers, and it would be EXTREMELY LONG. longer than most people would care to play. especially if they are getting their asses kicked.

That being said, it gave me a good idea for a gamemode..

7. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Overworld was planned to take days for a match to complete, iirc.
    But yeah, that balancing aspect.. hasn't really been figured out yet.

8. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

just balance players by class first. Like what they played as the most. Then balance good knights and archers on either team. Not sure what to do after

9. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

sounds cool :thumbs_up:

10. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Bit of a bump there, but not like this part of the forum's that active anyway, heh.

I've been thinking of a secondary idea based on the idea of "Overlord", but instead turning the Kings into gods, somewhat. They'll possess a unique set of abilities, and the rounds in this variation will be normal 1-round style.

- Basic Changes -
    Gods will still be able to choose from the "4 resource spots" to add passive resource generation to their stock, but there is no longer a "long"/"tiered" battlefield.
    Gods will be unable to act in combat - they cannot hit, nor can they be hit.
    Gods will appear as a normal player riding a cloud, Lakitu style. They'll also probably be transparent. The cloud will also be team coloured.
    Gods can fly around wherever they please, and can drop generated resources where they stand.
    L CLICK ABILITY: War Command - The God places a coloured marker where they clicked, to command their troops. Can only be seen by the team that placed it.
    R CLICK ABILITY: Buff Aura - A circular area around the God will be temporarily buffed, providing passive health regeneration to whoever is inside the area.
    [F] ABILITY: Change War Command icon, similar to an emote. The God can indicate for a tower to be built, and can build "ghost" structures for a Builder to copy and build over. "Ghost" building works similar to Editor, but doesn't actually build the structure, just builds a ghost image of the structure, only visible by your team. Good for instructing builders who don't know what they're doing!

11. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Is a very good work, good luck