1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Zombie dungeon

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Robinskie, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

I have an idea for a gamemode.
    You make a map that looks like a cave/dungeon with 2 tents (some surface with trees, you need wood :tree: ) and all players spawn in the blue team, the red team is empty.
    Zombies spawn at random positions. Chests, lanterns and zombie spawners will also be generated when you start the game. will also The blue team needs to fight their way to the red flag :red: , take it, and bring it back, killing hordes off zombies and destroying the spawners. Basically it's just humans vs zombies CTF.

Is this possible to make? With zombies spawning at random positions in the caves and stuff.

I'll try to make a map for this later. :)

Edit: Ok I made a map for this, the players start all the way left with some trees and the red flag is on the right.
    Here it is:
    dungeon.png
    Hope you guys like it. :)

Another edit:
    I am currently working on this. But i have a problem with the zombie director.
    This is what it says:
    Code:
    # time = 0 - midnight - 255 midnight  (default 39-213)
    u8_zombie_time_start = 39
    u8_zombie_time_end = 213
    I want to spawn zombies whole the time. But what time do I have to use for this? (The 39 and 213)

2. cirpons

cirpons Shark Slayer

Well, if the start time is 0 and the end time is 255, then it should spawn them forever.

3. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

(I see that this is your first message, welcome to the forums :) )
    Thanks, but now I have an other problem.
    The random chest/lantern spawning is configured in a generator file. But I don't need a generator, because I have maps made myself.
    Now how do I generate chests/lanterns on an existing map? :huh?:

Edit: @cirpons Your way didn't work but I found another one. starttime=39 endtime=38 and zombies will keep spawning after the first night.
    I still have the problem I described above. :up:
    And I can't seem to let zombies spawn randomly on the map, they just spawn on the sides :(

4. cirpons

cirpons Shark Slayer

(Made that post just for you)

Hmm. Hmm. There is nothing about this in the forums. There are numerous guides on how to add them to workshops tho.
    You could consider using this map as a base for a generator.

5. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

But then I will only be able to use one map. Instead of a mapcycle.
    Also, why is there a team 2 in the zombie_survival folder, which has no classes?

6. cirpons

cirpons Shark Slayer

That is the zombie team, it has no classes since the zombies are spawned via zombieDirector(?).

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

I encountered a major problem.
    It seems that when you load a map (/loadbitmap mapname) zombies won't spawn! :QQ:
    Why is this?

8. cirpons

cirpons Shark Slayer

Are you using the zombie fortress mode?

9. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

Yes, I am

10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

You can't load maps into zombie fortress as the maps you load don't have the zombie spawn locations.

Make a map in zombie survival then save it as a .kag that will make the zombies spawn

Nice map though maybe n the next update you can make zombies spawn in any map :)

LucasTT likes this.
  11. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

The idea is nice,but how Creille said: you can't load bitmaps in zombie gamemod.
    You should try .KAG maps,it can work.
    Maybe the dev's are working for make zombie fortress more editable(they need to :) )
    A zombie dungeon would be awsome :P

PS: Nice map

12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

13. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

So I have to make the whole map with the editor (while zombies are spawning :eek:) ?

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester