1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Idy Bidy Game Breaking Bug.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kaggit, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

So....this is wierd.

I recently downloaded and installed a program that was from a shifty site. Ever since I've downlaoded it, pop ups keep popping up and some random installers keep trying to start themselves, I've all but removed those but there's one more thing I just can't figure out.

Whenever I start a game and begin playing, sometimes when I left click the game flashes, displays "not responding" on the top left of the window and bugs the game out for a split second.

Let's say I'm walking in Kag, if I click, the game bugs out, "not responding", screen flashes, my player will keep walking until I press whatever key I pressed to walk.

This goes for any action you can do in kag, it can cause me to stuff up and lose to my opponent and with an Australian tournament just around the corner you can see why I'd like to fix this as soon as possible ;-;

My guess is there is some file somewhere that was downloaded with this stupid program that is causing the bugs. It happens with any game I open. Not exactly a topic for a gaming thread but I can't be stuffed signing up on another forum just for this one issue.

Anybody got any ideas? I could really use some help. Unless of course, you don't want me to win that $250 prize with my team :)

2. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Try running some anti-virus program.

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Try using malwarebytes, I had a very strong virus on my computer, It would try to burn out my cpu, (which mu spu has 8 cores and 16 logical proposers, so it never took more then 20%) Anyway, The virus would not get deleted, No matter what i tryed, Avg and other anti-virus said they removed, yet it was still active.

so I used Malwarebytes, It removed it, It deleted it, And it saved my computer >.<, When you download it, Open a folder inside of it called Chameleon, It will make your screen go black, And it will have a pop up menu asking you what to do, It helped a lot, The website is this

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

(You need to press download, not buy, As download allows you do to scans and cleans up, Buying means it will stop virus from coming on your computer)

makmoud98 likes this.
  4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Try using anti-malware, generic anti-virus AND anti-spyware (just keep them running and ALWAYS scan with ALL of them) softwares.
    Find the problem, then search for it on the internet and apply the best solution.

5. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I used like 3 different anti virus programs that said it cleaned my entire PC but the bug was still active.
    I also defragmented like 4 times, did a clean boot, deleted about 10 unnecessary services/processes AND cleaned my disk drive out for unwanted programs and files.

Turns out, the problem was a few registry files. These registry files were created when I installed this program and were causing the bug.

Thank you to those who tried to help me out. Really appreciate it. :)

BlueLuigi, AmestriStephen and Vamist like this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just keep in mind for the future that preventing it by not downloading from shifty sites or using some sort of virtualization software to test it first if you have to will save you a LOT of headaches in the future! Anti-malware/AV software gets better, but so do the hackers and precautions will do a lot better than remedies here.

EhRa likes this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

If stuff like this happens again, restore points are a great feature from windows (uninstall/rollback any installs made) IIRC one gets made every week by default.

8. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Will do, thanks again!

9. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

Best to just learn how to remove it your self with process explorer, process monitor and autoruns
    watch his videos get his book windows internals
    become a windows g_d :potato:

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I can recommend malwarebytes. It's really good.
    And if you really need to download something "shifty", then have a look at http://www.sandboxie.com/ - you can sandbox your browser and later run the downloaded file in sandboxed environment.

Alternative would be to do shifty downloads in special VM that you just set up only for that purpose - but that's kind of an overkill.

That said I'm locking the topic.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    BlueLuigi, kaggit and Vamist like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.