1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I'm a Turtle's MEGA Sprite pack Selection

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Im_a_Turtle, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

About the master swords : is this "Ocarina" sword the zelda sword? and if so all i have to do is recolor the original sword a light blue. Also is this master sword a two handed sword or just a pimped out one hander?
    About the pikes, i cant do anything about the pikes clipping out of the sprite. Shrinking them has turned it into a funky looking two handed axe. Changing the sprite's box size shot the sprite out of proportion and destroyed the image. Only way i can really utilize the full potential of the long spears and pikes is if the developers of this indie can increase the box sizes or show me a way of doing the sprites without distorting or absolutely transmogrifying the hell out of the image.

PS: dun say peoples work sucks :( i worked hard on that pikeman. And i've noticed that im the only person working on weapon changes on the sprites. Can someone lend a hand! I require assistance!

2. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

I'm sorry i was just poking fun at you when I said it sucked, the only problem I have is it sticking out but it does look pretty badass.
    As for the master sword, it's one handed, here's a picture:
    [img=master sword]http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/8/80/Master_Sword_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png[/img]
    Obviously some of the finer details would have to be left out but as close as you can get would be great :)
    And I would love to help with sprites if I had the slightest damn idea of what I'm doing with them :l

3. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Okie dokie lokie
    I'll get a work in progress version up soon, is this a two handed sword or just one handed?
    Also i've put up the red team versions of the latest weapons.

4. Nebuchadnezzar

One handed and if at all possible I would love if you could use a Link sprite as the knight, here's an example:
    [img=link]http://www.wiizelda.net/images/oos/Link.png[/img]
    Like this but obviously red or blue, I would love you forever. Actually a bunch of zelda characters as the classes would be fucking awesome. Damnit I wish I knew how to make these. O: A zora would be a sick archer and a goron for the builder or something, hmmmmm...

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Omigod.
    Please somebody make classic nintendo-themed sprite sets. I'll love you forever.

6. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

At last! i think i've gotten the pikeman working without any clip issues! Also, Henry will be taking care of the zelda based sprites, not me.
    Also, Swaggernut, good job on the peon reskin, i needed a peon skin badly
    PS: Anyone up for some viking raids?

7. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

+1111111111111111111111111111 *nerdrage*

8. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Check Henry's Zelda thread for your Zelda needs. I dont think i want to or know how to make zelda sprites

9. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Well you already have the sprites as posted above. You would only need to create jumping and shielding sprites. Would love to have one old (S)NES theme. :d

10. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

How did you stop the sprite size changes affecting the hitbox?

11. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

With my awesome turtle powers, i shifted time and space, changing the past and altering the present in my plight! Through removing MM's bean burrito that saturday night! Isn't that just cool?...Right?
    Now in all seriousness, i just shift the whole pixel model, like the pikeman just a few pixels to the left to fit the head of my axe head ,only time i had to do this is when the pikeman is doing his thrusting poke and his over head slash :)

12. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Added a new viking huscarl and a viking bondi archer ~yay
    Also to be historically correct, Vikings did not have horned helmets, only recorded use of horned helmets were during times of ceremony or rarely used in random occasions. Very few times horned helms were used for intimidation (extremely hard and rare to find) ,but these are from old literatures made in the 1600-1700 period of about the Norse gods and Ragnarok,etc.

Huscarl character is wearing a fur chest piece , with the usual chain mail tunic underneath, nordic helm up top
    Bonde (Farmer/Landholder) Archer wear's a headband and normal green tunic
    Bonde/Thrall (Slave) peasant is in process

Ps: are the devs going to add any throw-able weapons like throwing axes and such (for archer), because i would love to reskin them as javelins since vikings were very fond in spear throwing and axes chucking~

13. Nebuchadnezzar

Oh fuck yes dude VIKINGS :D
    Please please please finish the builder though this looks awesome.

14. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Added the peasant viking for ya Nebuchad

15. Nebuchadnezzar

Dude this is so awesome now I've got my sprites set up as Orcs vs Vikings :D
    thanks turts

16. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Good to be assistance.
    Also MUSKETEERS TO THE FRONT! ! have added a new archer variant + sounds "Musketeer/Rifleman"

17. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

GOOOODD MOORRNING VIETNAM/ We have new unit up "The spear thrower" also with the needed sounds and spears included with the textures. I'll be making a spear thrower for the viking and orc team soon, community requests are always welcome since im always ready to sprite something new.

18. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Very cool ideas. Love the spear thrower and rifleman.

19. Sir Remski

Sir Remski Guest

When you use the knife with the rifleman the smoke comes out of the gun like it was firing. =/

20. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

That's the knife animation? no wonder my firing animation didnt pop up when you shoot, i'll fix that up in a few minutes. i hope the devs add a firing animation slot for archer so it would make the rifleman actually fire instead of pulling the gun back down.