1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I'm just a little flustered.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Happiness, May 14, 2014.

1. Happiness

Happiness Horde Gibber

I've been apart of this game for quite some time (well over a year), though inactive as of late, I tend to not voice my concerns unless i feel it's ultimately hindering my enjoyment of the game. Let me start with some appreciation for the little things that have helped me enjoy the game since the beginning.

The ignore function - splendid. Those who decide to rile people up over chat for the "lulz" are immediately taken care of. I can't emphasize the elegance, and effectiveness of this feature.

Helpful administrators - Hackers, griefers, spammers. Ban, ban, mute. I can carry on enjoying the game, as it was intended to be enjoyed, whilst not degrading the enjoyment of those around me; joking with friends, improving your skills or having a friendly conversation. (A big thanks to Karp, Mex and all those who were coincidentally admins, but also good mates back in the day.)

However, certain individuals feel the need to damage my enjoyment as much as they can. Perhaps they're venting personal anger, or they're genuinely unpleasant individuals, or simply doing it for cheap "luls". I don't know, nor do I care, but what I do care about, is outright favoritism when it comes to administrating a server (Boldtemple Roleplay), especially one I tend to enjoy frequenting for the few individuals i enjoy talking to left in this community (Lehmure, Epiclobs, Konfi, nefez, etc). The bad players don't hurt my enjoyment, it's the bad admins. I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Here's a screenshot of an occurrence earlier this evening, where the individual "-Marcell-" frequently spammed derogitory terms, which is easily ignored, but with no avail of getting a response, follows to grief, and collapse my building, despite clearing stating my position I had no interest in a battle. The problem occurs, where an admin defends this child after I explained what was happening, stating he is immune to the punishments implied by the server's rules. http://oi60.tinypic.com/33xakwl.jpg Neither being friends with an admin, nor knowing the owner of a server personally or otherwise excuses such outright horrible, unacceptable actions.

Perhaps this topic has no ultimate purpose, other than to emphasise the importance of an effective, unbiased admin, which is currently not the case on one of classic's most popular servers.

Edit: since this is a thread, of course i'm looking for your opinions etc. etc.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

We admins can't ban him because he has Ban immunity on. We are still looking through previous logs. We have taken his ban immunity away and also his ping immunity.

3. Axmeister

Axmeister Builder Stabber

I have also reported Marcell for general admin abuse on another server, I think one of the problems is that a primary requirement to become an admin when applying is that you have a history of being admins for other servers. This only results in a few players being admins for a large amount of servers.

Additionally, I would like to ask how it is you can take screenshots on KAG. I find gathering evidence of abusive behaviour to be very difficult and often resort to chatlogs because I do not know how to take screenshots, I've tried the 'F4' button but my KAG screenshot folder remains empty.

4. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

When you take a prnsrn go to paint and then press Ctrl+V and then save it.

5. All he wants is happiness