1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Improve breathing

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JPD, May 25, 2014.

?

More breath and faster breath regen?

1. Larger lungs for KAG

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Let them drown!

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. JPD

JPD Shipwright

KAG handles breathing very unusually, and for the most part I dislike it. You have a very short breath, only 6 - 7 seconds before you start blacking out and loosing hearts. Considering that I can hold my breath for 32 seconds and a human can survive without oxygen for three minutes it's quite ridiculous. I'm not saying that you should give players 3 minutes breath, just something more than 7.

My second quarrel is that when you get out of the water your breath regenerates very slowly. If you surface at half a heart and your head goes back under drown instantly. When you reach the surface you have to stay still and keep your finger on the w key for 2 - 3 seconds so you don't back under and kill yourself. I have never seen any video games that take so long to replenish your breath, it's like you're breathing out of a straw in this game.

Noodle_ likes this.
  2. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

That would be nice, but maybe with a twist.
    We could keep our own lungs, but we can improve it by adding an airtank at the builder shop for 100 stone and 50 wood.
    So we can breathe underwater. :X3:

3. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

DragonShark has a good idea, +1 to the air tank idea. (:

4. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Thanks sean. :wink:

AIRTANKS MTF 360 NOSKOOP CRIT!1!11!1
    UWOT m8!!!!11!1!!!

[​IMG]

5. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I voted yes but then I remembered it's probably because the units are wearing armor, and swimming in armor would be a pain in the ass.

The recuperation period on the other hand could definitely be shortened.

6. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

This is absolutely treacherous. If I'm fighting underwater and I start drowning, I literally have to run away while bobbing up and down, holding down W+A/D. If I go underwater I immediately start drowning again. With KAG"s water physics, it isn't easy to stay perfectly above water.

7. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

This wouldn't be a problem if boats weren't so bad

emasame likes this.
  8. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

Even if boats were used regularly and were fixed I still agree with @DragonShark suggestion.
    especially when theirs bombs thrown at your and you could be archer/builder and you have to go down into the deep blue to try and dodge the bombs, and/or you're trying to fight more then just 1 knight and to try and back away you have to go down in the water to try and get some distance, whether that's just me or other people have experienced this before, I second this suggestion made by DragonShark and you should be able to hold your breath longer.

Also on top of that, your latency for the people who could have very bad ping, it can be annoying losing hearts because you're out of breath a lot quicker from your lag, well so it feels. :thumbs_up:

9. JPD

JPD Shipwright

The problem with the water tank idea is that it's way too complicated. I'm talking about moving a variable in the code from 7 to 15. @DragonShark You're talking about making a new sprite, adding it to the workshop, programming it and testing to figure out how much it should cost.

I just want lungs larger than a tennis ball.

10. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

only builders would use that water tank. for knights/archers its useless. typically builders already just dig and entomb themselves underwater so it doesnt seem useful at all to me.

i def agree with epenow. drowning should be the way it is. its the nature of water combat. what needs to be addressed is how fucking awful boats are. boats could be so much cooler/more fun/useful than they currently are. making drowning even worse might make boats more useful and more fun. in my mind it seems a lot more fun to fight on top of boats than the current fuckfest underwater fighting is.

11. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I think that the breath time is ok, but you should recuperate faster. I'm always disappointed when, after a difficult battle, I manage to make it to the surface, and then drown immediately when bobbing under for 1 second.

Chukka likes this.
Mods: Rainbows