1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In-game moderators (AKA Royal Guard) [Updated June 3rd, 2014]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

There is bound to be a concieved elitism when there is a seperation of people from one group to another. Nonetheless a sense of authority is needed in order for this group to act as a proper deterrence against griefers and hackers. If abusers don't percieve this group as a body that has the power to stop them then there would be no point in our conception. Consequently what I do not understand is why there was an argument about the name of this group? There needs to be a differentiation present between ourselves and the general community, otherwise our overall effectiveness as a deterrent will decrease. You can name us whatever, it shouldn't really matter. You guys know what we do. We don't wholly moderate the game, Shad and Furai would be considered the true in-game moderators. We are bound by a set of rules that dictates we report back to them who should be banned and how long. We in essence only have the power to investigate and temporarily deal with abusive members of this community.

Overlord, Noburu, illu and 1 other person like this.
  2. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

You don't need the green names, the forum titles, or anything else cosmetic to help you ban griefers.

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Remember what I was saying about going off-topic?
    There's a separate thread for this kind of discussion now.

4. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Actually the forum titles are necessary in order to be placed into a sub-group of members, in order for us to to access a certain part of the forums. Please lock this thread so moderators can update it when necessary without all this shit.

5. Shadlington

I agree.
    If you want to talk about it any further, there's a separate topic to do that in now.

Locked.

6. Shadlington

It pains me to say this, but one of the guards has been caught abusing his powers (specifically with the map editor) and has been removed from their ranks, with all associated moderator privileges revoked.

The guard in question: Frank

It has not gone unnoticed that there has been some distrust of the guards lately - a perception that some of them may not be using their positions appropriately.
    In light of the evidence against Frank, I can see why this perception may have come about.

However, I want to make it absolutely clear that abuses of power are not tolerated in the guards (hence Frank's expulsion) and I can confidently say that the vast majority of the guards can be trusted.

I can also assure you that in the event that evidence of similar abuse is brought to our attention, it will be taking very seriously.

Guards are held accountable for their actions. They know this and you (should) know this too.
    In the main, they can be trusted because most of them are trustworthy people - but even if this were not true they would be reasonably trustworthy not to abuse their power because they would have it swiftly taken away from them if they did so.

Anyway, I will not be re-opening this topic for discussion but I am interested in hearing your views on the matter.
    This topic is somewhat relevant so I will be posting there and checking replies to it if feel you have anything to say about Frank's expulsion, on the wider issue of how we should be dealing with abuses of power amongst guards, or anything else that's relevant.

Shadza, Phantomz and rocker2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.