1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In-game moderators (AKA Royal Guard) [Updated June 3rd, 2014]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

true that, there's enough "evil" for us all;)

2. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Did I ever say I wanted to be a guard?
    Hint: Nope

It's just that I don't switch servers a lot.

Ah, that explains a lot.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I would like such position, if you trust me :)

4. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Everyone would like to be a KAG Guard, it makes you feel proud and an instant-awesome person XD

There will surely be more as KAG becomes more and more popular. And I am sure that if there will be a next round of guards, you, Monsteri, and the next popular people on forums will get chosen. I too would like this position, but I am quite sure I wont get the chance...I usually test alot of games, but never actually get in these kind of ranks.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I reckon you'd be in the next batch Lauren.

6. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Woah. Guess I'm a bit late to the party. Well thank you, this has really made my day haha.
    I'll try my absolute strongest to make the game fun for everybody.

7. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know how to go about this but, I would like to apply to be a KAG Guard. I am very active on the game and try to get vote kicks on griefers started but... you know how it goes. Would be nice if I could keep griefers out and keep the server fun.

8. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

There is no application for guard position. The way we select guards is a current guard will post about someone they feel would make a good guard, then we discuss it and make a decision. You don't find us, we find you :D

PumpkingSlice and Blueboy23 like this.
  9. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

Oh, alright.

10. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

Who, It's a good idea to make yourself known, just as you have now. I'm sure everyone appreciates your enthusiasm and perhaps you'll get your wish one day!

rocker2 likes this.
  11. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

Alright thanks. :D

12. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Not to be needy, but if you need another mod give me a shout.

13. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

Do I sound like a hipster for shunning people asking for Mod? I guess it's cool that you guys are taking initiative, but really, just wait your turn. If you're meant to be a mod, you will be turned into one. Why do people ask for power like this? D: I just need to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of seeing malicious intent in everyone :P

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I agree. It may just be the fact that I'm cynical in my old age, but people begging for moderator status smacks of ulterior motives. It's not a reward, it's a responsibility. Czubai expressed it nicely; its the exact same except instead of playing 100% you have to spend time and effort watching for hackers/griefers and addressing people's complaints of them.

I think that most of those who ask for it are least suited to the task.

PumpkingSlice likes this.
  15. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

This is what I believe in a nutshell. Well said.

16. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Most of these people seem earnest in making the game a better place, maybe they just have an intense sense of justice.

[​IMG]

17. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

What anime is that? 'Death Note', I reckon, it's about someone that writes the names of (perceived/alleged) criminals on some note, upon which they die?

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

That's about 1/4 true the rest is mostly about Light vs L. (Kira vs L)

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Nah, the reason I was asking for a Guard is that I have so many times seen some speedhackers/griefers doing their dirty job and ruining the fun, meanwhile I couldn't do anything about it.

Perhaps it's a bit of the need to be known and liked too, which I seem to experience a lot. It might be a result from my early childhood where I was ignored and subjected almost all the time till I put my fist on their mouth, but my brothers still do that. I dunno, I like helping people, perhaps because I haven't been helped a lot. I just like it. And that's what I assume being a Guard would be = to help other players.

dnmr likes this.
  20. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

maybe a small counter on the front page? It would also be handy if the in-game lobby showed how many guards are playing on each server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.