1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In your eyes, what _small_ quality of life suggestions would vastly improve the game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by lavalord, Nov 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I couldn't think of a good word for it. But there's more strategy than you're obviously seeing. Now while people fighting wouldn't take time to read it, though archers up high, or builders, can send these letters back and forth. The only thing is, you can do the same with team chat, but this would keep it even more private.

I see it as some mod for an RP server more than anything else, though.

makmoud98 likes this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You have team chat for private messages but I think the gift sending thing is a fantastic idea!

3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

This is what he meant for all of you that are too lazy to do it. kag.png

8x likes this.
  4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That is epic but some of them would need to be rounded in my opinion. Even the blocky dirty. I love that image with different sizes/shapes, but one with more rounded blocks/items/dirt in as good as detail or better than the above picture would be sweet.

I actually had an idea buff wise, though.
    Armor hearts. These are extra hearts that actually are used as armor. For instance Archers have low HP, but higher armor, whereas knights have high HP but low armor. Builders being more balanced by having 3 HP and 3 Armor points.

Also is it possible to use seclevs to have a function where, for instance, when you click an admin option it pulls up a list of admin only functions, so my idea is super specific class/race based seclevs that allow very specific things to be done. For instance, say there is a Wixard class, they will have a material building page like builders but it's for spells, and the Seclev will allow to change the 'page' in the spell book, and also allow you to target players to cast a spell on them like how it does when banning, kicking, muting.

An example being say they have a float spell, they click the name of their team after clicking to use the spell, then click who they wish to cast it on, it allows that player to fly for a short period of time. Now say there is a poison spell, they click it, click an enemy player and it'll cast it on them.

But a limit would be you can only cast spells so often using that function, and have to wait a minute to cast a spell on someone you already cast it on. Otherwise they have to be up close to use it.

Material page would be like this for up close magic. You click an icon (for instance stone block for builders) and now they can cast that magic over and over until their magic runs out. But they have to buy books to obtain other material spells. Like building.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I wish they had a wizard class but how do they keep them from becoming too op? What if they had a whole team of wizards? What if they all poisoned the same person and insta gibbed them? There needs to be counterplay

6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Probably like how it work with votes. For instance if the player is poisoned, and someone else tries to poison the same person, it'll say beside their name "You must have *so long* before you can cast a spell on this player".

Also with the material page like builders have, wizards will have to obtain items, convert them into a a potion, or a book and learn the spell. It'll then stay on the list until you log out and back in again. After it's learned, it then it then is only based on mana.

Plus say there is a mana free spell, a default attack magic like lighting shooting out of a staff.

Secondly different staves for different, stronger magics that can be learned. This will limit who has what spells in their inventory. Say one person has the default staff. They have the default magic. Say someone obtains, for an example, a strong staff, this magic will be incredibly powerful, but hard to learn.

7. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Even if it were possible, using sec levs for a spell mod would be grossly over complicated, and a complete disregard for the actual purpose of sec levs. I think what you mean to say is that you would like a menu for casting spells which is similar in appearance to the sec lev menu, not that it matters, since spells aren't a thing anyway...

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

"Aren't" doesn't mean they wouldn't ever be a thing.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Either way if you guys are going to talk about the subject that much, make your own thread for it, this isn't the place for it at all even if the discussion spawned for it.

That wouldn't be a bad idea to do if you want to flesh out the idea further anyhow.

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Remember long ago when the Dev's promised us the ability to build boats or vehicles and the time they also said something about ropes...? I want that... all of it.
    God dammit, Obama. :I

(Just found out how to do spoilers, horray~)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2014 ---
    Oh! And do you remember the time the Dev's promised Pulleys along with those ropes? Do you even remember the morbid convos about hanging dead bodies at the entrances of our bases as a warning sign? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Beepo and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: Rainbows