1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Indie Games; post some of your favorites!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by thebonesauce, May 9, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Super Hexagon is on Steam! :D
    Go check it out! ;)

BlueLuigi and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wonkyth and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

4. So glad they made it! :D

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Red Rogue has just fully released in downloadable form. Feed parts of montsters you kill to your minion or perhaps fashion body armor from the flesh of your enemies.

6. Wonkyth

RED ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGUE! :D

7. Intrusion 2 is a indie game developed by Aleksey Abramenko, it took this guy 3 years to make Instrusion 2 and it is worth the time it took. It is a side scroller with some 3d elements in it, this game has amazung graphics and an amazing soundtrack. (which was made by another guy, so technically a 2 person team.)

Nerd3 does a short lets play here which is quite good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpfIEzTf3E

This game is probably my all time favourite game even though it only goes for about 3 hours or so. Also as Nerd3 mentions in the video quite a bit the final boss is (in my opinion) THE BEST boss battle of all time. This game is easily worth the $10 so go buy noaw!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Wonkyth and CheeseMeister like this.
  9. Wonkyth

Looks pretty cool. ;)

10. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

KAG ALL THE WAY

11. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

One of my favorite indie games would be Spelunky.
    (I've got too many of them to pick a favorite)
    It has much potential, is very moddable, is nearly endless, and, most importantly: Is fun.

Then there's penguins under siege, which is a very funny game, although it looks like crap.
    Its a destroy-the-objective platformer with penguins, guns, and awesome robotic minions.

Then there's a list of indiegames that everyone already knows; Bastion, Terraria, Iji, Super Meat Boy, KAG (lol), Minecraft, Intrusion (featured in HIB8), and an endless list of flash games on Newgrounds.

I could fill this entire page with them if I had to...

Seriously try penguins under siege though:
    http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/40688
    It's worth it just for the fact that it has penguins!

EDIT: ...was this a necro? meh.

12. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Smokin Guns.... pls pls pls!

Gofio likes this.
  13. Wonkyth

Played a bunch of sweet indie games at PAX Aus.

InFlux was my favourite. It's relaxing, compelling, and looks something like Beautiful, right? :D

Dungeon Dashers is a fast-paced squad-based turn-based dungeon-crawler. Phew!
    It looks great sounds great, and so far plays great. Looking forward to trying out the multiplayer, too! :D

Ninja Pizza Girl has solid mechanics, fun gameplay and well written humour. Well worth playing. :)

Black Annex is an interesting one. It doesn't seem to be the easiest game to play, but I think I was beginning to get a feel for it when the enforcers kicked me out so they could pack up for the day. :P

It has slightly clunky controls, but an awesome atmosphere, rendered pure badass by the soundtrack supplied by Abducted By Sharks. Fuck Yes. It fits like a titanium glove.

There was a bunch more, too, but I'll save them for another time. :)

Gofio, FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  14. Crypt of Necrodancer looks pretty sweet. It's a mix between rythm game and roguelike.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Wonkyth and Beef like this.
  15. Wonkyth

Yeah, I've been interested in that one for a while. Looks so badass! ^_^

16. weren't the people making this acquired by Klei Entertainment or something like this?

either way, pretty cool that klei is actually becoming a real company instead of a big pack of indie devs

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I still think they secretly have a gang of twohundred coding geeks locked up in their basement behind their PC's, but according to their site they really are independent.
    meh, me and my conspiracies.
    Mark of the Ninja and Shank 2 are amazing. Everyone who hasn't tried those yet should feel ashamed.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 29, 2013 4:40 PM ---</br>
    ...hmm...
    Has Rogue Legacy been mentioned yet?

Just buy it already. It's cheap as fucks.
    For those who don't understand what the developers mean with rogue-lite...
    Every time you die, you keep treasures such as:
    Money
    Armor
    Weapons
    Runes
    You also keep every skill.

You get to choose between three heirs after your death,
    With up to three hilarious traits each. (How about a flatulent dwarfed ninja with OCD?)
    With a different class. There are more than 8 classes (nine)
    And a different dungeon than last time, unless you're willing to drop 30% of your earnings...
    No artifacts, if you managed to find one.

If you like rogue(-like-)s and platformers, you should at least try the demo.

Noburu likes this.
  18. Hmmf. Roguelikes ain't roguelike unless they have permadeath.

19. Well tbh the term "rougelike" is highly overused now. It doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, in fact I like that permadeath, randomly generate levels and whatnot are getting more popular in games but, you shouldn't really expect it to be a rougelike if it's named "rougelike" anymore.

Fate, Beef and CheeseMeister like this.
  20. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Centration

It's not quite out yet, but it did get greenlit recently. I've been following the development of Centration for quite a while, ever since I saw a SS13 developer tweet about it.

If you've ever played SS13 and enjoyed it, this would probably be your wet dream. Space Station 13, in the words of the developer, is a sandbox survival space-station simulator. On many servers, you select your role and join a crew of about 40 others. Sometimes, traitors are chosen or other antagonistic roles, and it may seem like everyone is out to get you. It was quite a beautiful game, striking you with paranoia, insanity, and dangerous homicidal thoughts. It's shortcomings though would be that it was developed in an engine that could not support what Space Station 13 strove to achieve. It was quite laggy and the years were not gentle on SS13's out-dated graphics. I personally invested much of my teenage years playing it with a few friends and have recently gotten back into it via some people in KAG.

Centration sets out to create something along the same lines. It won't be as fleshed out as SS13 is in it's current state, but that's what the developers are leaving in the hands of the community. Much like KAG Beta, the developers hope that the community will carry on their work, implementing things like clowns and cyborgs. While I don't necessarily agree with this method of development, they don't have the budget to create 3D SS13 by themselves. I donated nearly $200 to this project during its first kickstarter life without even seeing an ounce of gameplay. Sadly, both of their kickstarters failed, but you can still pre-order the game if it looks like something you'd enjoy.

http://www.centration.co/

Noburu and Beef like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi