1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Indie Games; post some of your favorites!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by thebonesauce, May 9, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Yes.Get this game.NOW.Everybody!

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Was very meh'd by Slender.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Thoughts on Torchlight 2? I think im about to dive into it.

dnmr likes this.
  4. Wonkyth

I probably won't dive into it for some time, probably years. Hack'n'Slash's just haven't had enough to keep me. I don't get enough enjoyment out of the grind.
    On a similar note, although not indie, I'm a little unsure how much I'll enjoy Borderlands 2, as even though I do enjoy FPSes a fair amount, I'm not sure whether the pure action will be enough to hold me for long. I'm okay with that, though, as I hardly judge games upon how long I play them for. Rather I judge them on how whether I enjoyed any of the time they DID hold me for. I cant say Torchlight, FATE, etc have managed that enough to warrant throwing the cash at TL2. :/

dnmr likes this.
  5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Play it multiplayer yo. Get it for PS3 and have FBB sit down with you and fight over loot.

6. Wonkyth

I'll get a PS3 some time, but not for a while. :P
    Have no fear, I plan on playing it with friends, not solo. :D

7. Noburu

Played the shit out of Torchlight 2 tonight with ppl on mumz. DEFINITELY worth the $20. So much fun.

8. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Some games I like in no order of importance, selected because pixel arts and my furious love for it.

- 8bit commando - Kinda like Contra, tried the demo and loved it. Art is awesome for 8bit palette.
    - Owlboy - Tried the early demo some time ago and loved the gameplay and art, art especially.
    - Axiom Verge - Kinda like Metroid, comes around 2013. Hearing it plays like Metroid and looking at the art, propably gonna love the fuck out of this game.
    - The Iconoclasts - Also kinda like Metroid, insta love'd.
    - Treasure Adventure Game - Little bit Metroid here too, love love.

Fate and Noburu like this.
  9. Wonkyth

So anyway, how's NOT playing Monaco?
    Cos PLAYING Monaco is AWESOME! :P

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just found this on Kickstater: Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

Survival/scifi-horror and Thief-like-stealth in a procedurally-generated English countryside-esque world where you're being hunted by tweed wearing robots? What the hell is not to like? It's only 10£ and is already funded, so no dashed hopes! :D Plus, they've still got like 17 days to get the extra 17,000£ they need to add multiplayer. :B):

You liek? X3

Gofio, Beef, CheeseMeister and 2 others like this.
  11. Noburu

You Sir should always read RockPaperShotgun. The only site worth reading for PC games:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com

Ej and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

:D Get Mark of the Ninja you shitscrubs.

It's fun as hell

Only game in 3 years I've beaten and played after doing so.

13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Agreed, it's one of the best stealth games I have played.

14. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

FTL - Faster than Light : an excellent 2D rogue-like/spaceship simulator game, entirely based on randomness (which, in my book, means awesomeness). Try to navigate from system to system while avoiding the troops chasing you, make interesting (or deadly) third-type kind of encounters, collect scraps in order to improve your ship, buy weapons, new crew members or new technologies, use it to bribe your way out of a hard spot, trade it for some missiles or some fuel and so much more... Like any good rogue-like, half of the fun is in dying. Also, you can name your ship and your starting crew, and that's a big plus.

Excerpt from Captain Ryu's log, Day 12 : Why, why, why didn't I send Topher to the med-bay room sooner? Why did I try to make him repair the O2 generator while he was so low on health? Ok he's the one with the more skills in repair but I really should've sent Sierra or Echo. Now he's dead, the engines are shutdown, the fire that started in the weapon's room has now spread to the shield operator and the ship is almost out of O2. Oh wait, now it's completely out of O2. Quick, everyone to the med-bay! Oh shit, what's that now? An asteroid field? You gotta to be ki... *static*

Official website : http://www.ftlgame.com/

Trailer :

WTF is FTL - Faster than Light :

15. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  16. Noburu

I have the game and although I havent played it much (mostly due to time contraints) its really fun and very Mario like. Definitely more fun with a controller.

17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8827.0
    war game and stuff
    "-Play with 10 fun weapons!
    -Meet fascinating new people, and kill them!
    -Travel exotic locales, from wastelands to gulags!
    -Become a hero, and get YOUR 15 minutes of fame!
    -Unlock two bonus modes for new ways to die!+
    [​IMG]
    This game is pretty fun

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I dont have a creditcard, so I can't buy it, so I've been begging my parents to buy it for me for about three weeks...
    maybe if some people could help convincing them its safe to buy stuff on the internet?
    just saying "I agree" or something is probably good enough!

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

How's this?

*ahem*

Buying stuff on the internet w/ a credit card is the same as buying stuff at a physical store--i.e. you make sure no one else can see you entering in any sensitive information (like a PIN) and you make sure the store you're buying from is reputable/not going to scam you.

To be safe when buying things on the nets generally all you need to do is:
    1. Make sure you computer is completely free of viruses & malware (so scan it using something like McAfee, Norton or, if you'd rather something free but just as good, Malwarebytes + AVG).
    2. Make sure the site you're buying from is a legit site that won't try to scam you/ steal your card info (so, in the case of Mark of the Ninja and many other games, some place like Steam is a well know/respectable site).
    That's it! Safe as houses (that aren't, you know, on fire or anything like that). ;)

Viken, feet, Contrary and 6 others like this.
  20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

My dad: "Good enough"
    TY very much!

Viken, Contrary, Wonkyth and 2 others like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi