1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

International Team Doubles Tournament [CASH PRIZES!!!]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by kaizokuroof, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not trying to be a huge and utter dick here. But, it was in the post RIGHT above yours.

EDIT: God dammit. I keep getting ninja'd now. Too many fast, lazy fags on the forums now.

2. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

I'm sorry if that sounded a little bit mean.
    </br>--- merged: May 3, 2013 8:18 AM ---</br>
    lol

3. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

The A Team is adding Maverick as a sub :P

4. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

SHIIIIHIIHIIHIHIIIIIT SON

Alpaca likes this.
  5. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Lol, I was JUST about to go and ask you if you wanted to ask mav to be our 3rd player. He didn't want to be in a team of two cause of awkward schedule, but as a sub it'll be cool, plus having some timezone variation between us is good for when we go against Ali and Mysta after we win first match.

ALSO:
    Just saying, if it comes down to teams picking servers and or which team has to play at obscene hours in the night, the team that DIDN'T get a bi should get to choose, cause i couldn't help but noticing that a ton of teams get bi's, so it's only fair that if one of the teams is clearly going to get an advantage from where the server is and or when the match is, it should be the team that didn't get the bi, since the team that did already got an advantage that auto won them their first match.

jack-o-saurus likes this.
  6. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Eat a mens log everyone, my team is the only one with the blue name.

Conspiracy? or does it mean something else..

7. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Blue = pity. Always and forever.

GloriousToast and jack-o-saurus like this.
  8. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Shh, lovely.

9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

10. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

OP has been updated with Rules and Maps. Australia has a practice server up, California will have one soon to and I'll be PMing all the Server Host's with details/instructions/what have you, so they can set them up for all other regions.

Those of you in the first round, should start scheduling matches. You have until Monday the 20th of May to complete the match and decided on a winner. (more on this soon, continue reading)

Due to the sheer amount of players who signed up, my original idea to film/commentate the matches will not be possible. As such, any rounds up to the 4th round, can be scheduled without a judge, instead you may have ANYONE, who is not competing in the match, to watch over the game or alternatively, you may judge yourselves (however this will require someone to film the match)

To organise a match, nominate a team leader, who will look after your team in terms of organising matches and being the "front man" so to speak. Have them Start a conversation via the forums, with me included and all the participants (a list of teams and their members can be found in the original post)

Because I have set a date that the first round must be completed and having YOU the players organise your own match times, I have come up with a system that should keep things flowing, if you haven't completed your match by the date, I will select the team that goes onto the next round. If you fail to organise a match more than once, your team will be eliminated from the Tournament and all that pretty prize money will go to someone else :O

Once we hit the 4th round, things will resume as they were intended, meaning you WILL need a judge and the matches will be filmed/commentated but more on that when we actually get there. :D

Those too lazy to go to op:

overview of maps:
    [​IMG]

Rules/maps download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k73t8bdl2duhsc/tournament.tar

And thanks for all the patience, it took me longer than I expected to get my shit in order, but hopefully now the fun can start! :D If anything is unclear, please harass me further and I'll do my best to explain/fix/whatever.

- KAIZZZZZZZZZZZOKurroF

11. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

how do we know if were in the first round? Also Ive noticed a server up for aus doubles practices, how do we get the pass?

12. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Check OP for Match draw and server pass is: doubles

13. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

kaizokuroof likes this.
  14. kaizokuroof

15. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

Kaizo, I was talking to Sier and he says he hasnt seen his team member for a little while, what will happen if they cant get their team together in time? Is that when you decide who goes through?

16. Demonturtle101

Demonturtle101 Shark Slayer

Won't it be 1v2 or forfeit?

kaizokuroof likes this.
  17. kaizokuroof

That's right, the other team can choose to vs you 2 v 1, or you will forfeit, but there is quite a lot of time to organise a match that will go for 15 minutes :)

18. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

Okay, thanks DemonTurtle :3

(and Kaizo)

Demonturtle101 likes this.
  19. Demonturtle101

Demonturtle101 Shark Slayer

I'm in brackets :(
    I told you first.

20. jack-o-saurus

jack-o-saurus Shipwright

Okay wait wait wait!