1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Inventory and Workshop icons

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I've been working and tweaking a little something, but I have a problem with icons. When I play on single player or run the game via "localhost.bat", everythig works normally like in the following screenshot
    [​IMG]

But when I host a server, it all looks like this instead. It's really annoying, since I have a lot of custom content and items that appear with question marks instead of their icons, and I've taken the time to make icons for almost everything the mod uses. Any clue of how I could fix it?
    [​IMG]

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

there is a file called defaultgui.as
    you need to add the icon that you are trying to use
    if you open your modded building.as you can find which icon they are trying to load
    [​IMG]
    for example, the icon name of the builder shop is $buildershop$
    my guess is that you are creating the icon in the wrong place. just find where it is being created and cut / paste it into defaultgui.as

3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Thanks fam, it works, although I'd like to know eventually the file that has the icons for shop icons and other stuff. Defaulgui.as has mostly system and, well, GUI icons, but it somehow overrides shop stuff, so for now it's all ok.

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

its not that it "overrides" stuff, its just that the code where the other icons are created has not been executed yet. For example, lets say you created the buildershop's icon inside of buildershop.as or whatever. that icon wont be loaded until you create your first builder shop and it executes the code in buildershop.as. DefaultGUI is loaded very early so basically you wont ever have missing icons if you just put them all in there.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 2, 2016 ---
    locking thread

PUNK123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.