1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

IRC clients

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Furai, Aug 10, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I am curious what IRC clients do you use. Personally I'm using weechat on screen to which I connect with putty (btw, putty update after 4 years, LOL, definitely gonna download it).
    My first IRC client was mIRC with NoNameScript - it was great. Had dozens of themes and stuff. I really liked it but was searching for something new and this way I found weechat with no need for installing some weird BNC on my VPS. It just works in background and that's what I'm always there, ready to log any msg to read it later. :)
    So let's hear from you now.

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Used to use mIRC. I use Konversation now... Not for any particular reason, it was just the first one I tried on linux :p

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Sometimes xChat, sometimes Webchat.

4. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

i have been using mIRC from day one, and as I am not really a fan of changes im still using it.
    I have been trying some other clients , which i didnt like that much.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

irssi because CLIs are more fun.

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

o/ High five! :)

7. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

Quassel, because it's open-source, one of few not-sucking free clients for windows, not to mention that it's a good choice on Linux for both gnome and kde environments (whichever I feel like using at the moment). Xchat is also ok, but Windows version isn't free of charge, and I prefer to have the same client running at my both OSes. Which kind of disqualifies irssi for me too (any windows version? lol), although it's a piece of comfortable keyboard-oriented client :)

8. Strathos

Strathos Guest

For my basic IRC needs, I use Opera Browser integrated IRC client.

9. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Its not bad, ye but I prefer background applications

Mods: BlueLuigi