1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Iron blocks and gates.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Monsteri, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

First of all- to make iron blocks or gates, a team must have a smelter.

In smelter, giving to it ten stone blocks makes one iron block. Iron blocks would be breakable only with catapult, bombs or other upcoming siege weapons. Perhaps also with two builders hammering it at same time. One piece of smelter would require five wooden blocks, four stone blocks and one gold.
    So, this would pretty much be only for large maps and come pretty late, when there are big needs for good castles.

And then gates. Making a gate would just require four iron blocks.

See the pic: (fastmade)
    [​IMG]

With iron gate there comes somekind of a crank, which must be spinned that the gate will open. After the spin, the gate slowly starts to come down and crushes everybody standing under it.

Bombs, arrows and such could be fired through it, so building a door next to it would be recommended :P

Destroyed with five bombs, fourty sword/hammer hits, 12 catapult rocks, and with other possible siege.

I strongly feel that I forgot something, but can't remember what. Well, whatc'ya think?

2. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

Iron would be good.
    Mine ore -> smelt by pressing a key next to a smelter -> make gate/iron blocks.

I don't agree with the crank idea, though. Iron doors should just work like what we have now.

3. Monsteri

Okay, but they need to go upwards :D

4. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

CrazyMLC I Agree With you when said the Crank is not needed
    however when you open the door it closes longer and opens longer too reason because it's iron
    also it should have a more HP so it takes 10 Hits to destroy the door :)

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're working on improvements to the materials system (including adding iron) but we're not sure where we want to draw the line between the free and paid version, not because we want to be stingy with functionality to the free players but because we want to keep the game as accessible as possible in the free version - asking a new player to go mine some ore then smelt that then take that to the armoury to craft some bombs and give those to the frontline knights so they can go off and collapse a frontline outpost is a little overwhelming. Certainly something we'd like to allow dedicated players in the paid game, but not for fast, furious CTF

6. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Geti Paid Version
    that will lead to hackers
    i think we should have a coin system
    so when we get coins for winning a competition or what ever you want it to be
    we can spend it on items that would be a icon called shop or you could buy the items from the site with the coins
    you know for good ideas on forum you could reward them and in teh shop would be skins and armor and possibly better bows and new classes

7. Snow

Snow Guest

That might be a good idea. Save some of the higher quality materials for paying players. Might still get one or 2 griefers in there, but those of use who are dedicated will pay and we can always set up private servers to play quality games.

8. Monsteri

@Geti: I think that my idea ain't too much for the free (you said the game will have a price someday for new epic gamemode byhyy) version, as it's just a smelter and iron blocks should come from smelter, because they're so strong.
    Strong blocks are really needed in late matches. (Sorry if I'm being tangled, but writing this while being in toilet [LOL])