1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is arrow spamming a feature? I hope not..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LetsplayCmansez, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I see what you mean, yeah. And I can't wait for the day where entombing yourself actually KILLS you, and needs to be avoided.

Please try to -snip- longer quotes. Ta. ~fbb

thebonesauce likes this.
  2. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Arrow spamming is similar to the features other games offer in action games. Such elements like slow-motion gameplay where you can make more decisions in a limited amount of time. Shooting rapid arrows at a target is the same concept. The ability to stop time or slow it down is similar to this. However, people still hate this feature of KAG which is fine because it makes me want to use it even more. Consider it for now a "special attack" because it's not always easy to use. The problem with rapid arrows is the fact you run out of arrows quickly. Now, you are able to see that it has pros and cons like anything else.

3. revemo

revemo Catapult Fodder

I think so too and I love the idea of decorating it with flowers and scented candles! The Urinal makes me want to order post flowers in uk to decorate it completely and bring me to another mood. It is absolutely lovely!

4. The saddest part of the arrow spam 'bug', glitch, or feature, is that I have no idea on how to do it. People say 'rapidly click' but I've no idea what that even means.

5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Its charging it up until its barely filled a single bar then releasing, that takes like less than a second if you can time it right

Ghozt likes this.
  6. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Now that Archers are ten times more powerful to Knights in terms of attack, Knights are being hammered by showers of arrows whenever two or three archers decide to spam their arrows. They should bring back Shield bashing as a balance to this.

7. Arcite

Arcite Horde Gibber

How does bringing back shield bashing weaken arrow spamming? Shield bashing is only useful for knight vs knight and the occasional builder.

8. Saverous

In case you haven't realised, Knights love jumping on archers and we still do

9. Arcite

Arcite Horde Gibber

Oops, sorry. I Thought you meant horizontal shield bashing. Was vertical shield bashing removed?

10. Saverous

yes it was, making jumping on people damage yourself more than you hurt enemies

11. EchoWolf

EchoWolf Catapult Fodder

I'm really new to KAG (less than two days in fact, and haven't spent money just yet). I've spent most of my time as archer, however, and arrow spamming is not as powerful as many seem to imply. If we are near a lot of trees, and have no obstacles in getting away (or opposing archers), and lots of arrows spare - AND don't mess up, we can run away and kill a single knight chasing us.

More often than not, however, a knight will simply block our arrow spam and steadily catch up to us, then slaughter us in a split second.

You also need to keep in mind that the shield is FAR more versatile than the bow - it can be used as a parachute, to give allied archers near-invulnerability (letting them fire without risk, even in heavy combat), or to simply provide that same protection to yourself. Archers also do not have bombs - and are completely ineffective against fortifications or knights that see them coming.

That being said, I would not be opposed to the minimum charge-up time for the incredibly short range and weak variant of a shot being slightly increased - but only slightly, because the downsides of it burning through ammunition and only being possibly useful at point-blank range are already quite bad. For overall balance, archers simply can not do as much as a knight right now (primarily because of bombs, and their arrows being far too limited in versatility), so I don't think making them less effective against enemies that don't simply block their arrows is fair. Perhaps if wooden structures were eventually implemented, and archers able to buy fire arrows (in the same fashion as bombs) - and the wooden structures actually necessary (meaning stone structures weren't so easy to place), archers would have the versatility needed to justify nerfing them farther.

I will admit that it is a bit too difficult to simply catch an archer, however - this could be fixed with just a slight increase to the knight's running speed, though I think slowing down an archer a bit more when charging a bow shot would be a good idea (combined with a very slightly longer minimum charge up time). That would make it more difficult to fire while running away, but still possible.

12. Saverous

True, but to pro archers,( people like :i hate to say this: BUNNYBOY), arrow spamming is part of their repoertoire, they know how to utilise the enviornment to their advatange and shoot down unwary knights accurately. Shields are entirely as versatile as you think. Parachuting only works for short falls not off mountains. Now that shield bashing is nerfed, "its raining knights" has a new meaning. Knights do more damage to themselves than hurt the enemy when they jump on people.

13. Arcite

Arcite Horde Gibber

I think archers should get a small nerf when it comes to arrow spamming. Arrows might run out fast but you get 5 coins (5 arrows) per hit, and half the time you can gather arrows from trees while on the run. A little bit of arrows is a small price to pay for beating a knight at their own game. Either one of Echowolf's suggestions would work nicely.

Knights doing damage to themselves when they land on an enemy is a bug btw. :)

14. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Shopkeep Stealer

NO! D:
    Being able to rapid fire is part of the archer's job, you cant just nerf them. It is what they are.
    Think if MM and Geti made it impossible for knights to dig through solid rock(natural ones) allot of people are going to complain, because the knight has one less use, and this is what you people are trying to do with archers.
    So i say that they are fine like they are, they need no nerfige

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Seems to me that you haven't played the game that long, or you are the kind of archer that likes to sit back in a tower spamming arrows (the worst kind of archer).

Archer do need some kind of nerf, or knights need some kind of buff to counter. (I play archer and I know they at least have some kind of issue)

If you really don't think they need a nerf, then you should state it here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/archer-balance-371.6047/ although you probably will get ripped.

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Think about what you're saying. Imagine if knights were immune to all but the strongest arrows, and archer players were complaining against this. In reply, a knight fan said;

"Being able to be immune is part of the knight's job, you cant just nerf them. It is what they are.
    Think if MM and Geti made it impossible for archers to dig through dirt allot of people are going to complain, because the archer has one less use, and this is what you people are trying to do with knights. "

This is an argument style called "false equivalencies", and is what is known as a "logical fallacy".

I'll just leave it at that. If you want to debate it properly, go to the thread kouji linked.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  17. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

As I said...

Turtling archer spam = noob.

Offensive, front-line, tree to tree spam = not noob.

Don't cower behind a wall, wildly spamming arrows like a pussy. Get out there, do your part.

18. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

All I can think of as I read this was that game last night where 4 archers were rapetraining an entire team from behind a gorge and a wall.

Fuck arrow spam.

19. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I hate that type of spam. Grow a pair and really fight.

20. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I can't blame them for fighting smart, instead of wasting lives, but I don't think the game mechanics should support All Quiet On the Western Front trench-style warfare involving fusillades of arrows that mow down anyone who sticks their head up (not an exaggeration of what happened in that game I was referring to). I can't see the arrows coming within any reasonable time because I have to keep my view focused on my character instead of the archers two screens over, and I can't move forwards because two archers working in tandem can break through my block and kill me from 40 blocks away.

In short, archer combat sucks donkey dongles at the moment.