1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is arrow spamming a feature? I hope not..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LetsplayCmansez, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

hmm... this is really difficult, how about, to even the classes ( or try to ) give Knights another ability which balances archers, anything not Shield bashing. Maybe we couuld change some arrow mechanics ( just to piss of archerfs :-) )

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I would truly be down for minimally charged shots (as in one dot on the cursor) not damaging ONLY knights. Knights are armored units after all, and it would force us archers to be a little more crafty when a tower is being stormed.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Say, what if to actually hurt a knight (in close range!) the archer had to charge up a shot. And not a flimsy one, either! As Bone said, at LEAST one bar & perhaps reduced damage? Fully charged shots doing like 1.5 hearts or so?

The more you charge, the more damage you do! Which means less spamming, too.

4. Saverous

Fully charged shots do 1.5 hearts and non-charged do 0.5 hearts.

5. So apart from my lack of knowledge regarding archers in general, the idea is that shots should be charged at least a little; disregarding damage.

I'm going to sleep, fml.

6. Saverous

good night.
    Back on topic: The point of charged shots is that the gravity is affecting the arrows less, so the more charged the less effect.

7. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Charged shots are the archer pulling back the string for the arrow to fly further & therefore
    Sorry I like corrections... :p

8. Saverous

Arrow spaming actually does more damage if you think about it, if the fire rate is 4x faster, then 4x the damage, if only they hit.

9. Skilledshot

Skilledshot Shipwright

how do u shoot like 3 arrows at a time?

10. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

You mean spam? Timing is essential. Maybe hold click 1 second then let go, repeat... Skilled spammers can shoot about 3 arrows a second.

Ghozt likes this.
  11. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

It's a horrible evil that I've complained about for months. I suggest you do the same.

Some people might claim it's a feature just like they unwittingly claim of many of the exploits on my list of exploits and shenanigans, but don't be confused; it's not.