1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Item belts (eye-candy with purpose)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by piercebob, May 26, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this in the game?

1. Sure why not.

50.0%
  2. lol nope.

50.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. piercebob

piercebob Shark Slayer

I was reading the recent patch notes for KAG when i saw this "If it becomes particularly important, we might need some sort of visual indicator that you’re carrying sponges" so with that i thought it would e cool if they added a visual representation on the Character of what they are carrying so you know what you will be up against and what the loot will be from the poor guy who's head you are about to claim. Here is some of the things i thing would be cool.
    • Knights: For the knight i think just a simple belt around the hip or a sash across your chest with the type of items hanging off them so you know you are about to charge face first into a knight with either 4 bombs or 4 hamburgers and if they had picked up some stone for a fellow builder it will be in a little brown bag showing you have something but they dont know what.
    • Archer: archer is a bit more simple with the most obvious option showing the type of arrows in the quiver and it being empty when they are out of arrows or carrying 4 bomb arrows and about to blow your base to smithereens, letting you know to focus him more than other troops before that happens
    • builder: not to sure about him but the only thing i could think of would be making his rucksack larger with the more resources he is carrying so you know that if you take him out its going to be a big payday or if its empty you can look at him and move on knowing that its likely not worth it.
    That is all i could think of but i'm sure there are many more options to explore with this, i'm sorry if this has been posted allready i did have a look around but couldn't find one like it. so this idea is for looks and to help make strategies like to go in for the kill or nope the hell out that kinda thing.
    :potato:

PUNK123 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

To be honest, this removes the complete idea of going up against the unknown. Knowing exactly what your opponent has, for example four bomb arrows, can give you an easy advantage over the enemy. What would be the point of sneaking into a base to blow up stuff if they already knew you were doing it? Or what would the point of whipping out a water bomb to stop a charge of your opponent already knew it was happening?

Yeti5000, bru-jaz, makmoud98 and 4 others like this.
  3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I agree, KAG is all about improvising to me. You always think you have a perfect plan and then suddenly the situation calls for other things, it allows predictions to happen much more easily and ruins the fun of always being on guard. "Hmm, that builder is running towards us with a full rucksack, he's most likely a rat, preparing anti-rat maneuvers then." "Oh that archer is carrying tons of bomb arrows, clearly an arrow rush, gonna block them at the flag.". Stuff like this will occur, and thus lead to more stalemates because those little bits of getting the upper hand on your opponent and surprising them, get shat on by essentially what is a giant sign on your chest saying "KILL ME! KILL ME!". It's cool in terms of aesthetics I guess, but completely ruins improvising and quick planning.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Because it is so fun to get into a builder fight with a shitter and then all of a sudden you realize that fattie has four burgers. as for the bomb arrows, i still cant comprehend how people call that a strategy it is just shitter spam(almost always done by someone who hasnt even played archer up til that point).
    You should always prepare anti-rat maneuvers lol. Regardless of resources(unless maybe they have zero). Once you get all the bs fixed then you can work on balancing the game so games actually end. But dont use the trash state of the game as a way to hamper a suggestion.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I like in general the idea of seeing some items carried at the backpack, or a belt.
    But, going a bit offtopic:

Are you suggesting a specific coin counter for each class and for each class shop? Because that sounds actually a good idea, so as to avoid that builder farming and that change class to spam a specific item (I just shot around 75 water arrows -could have been 15 bomb arrows- 5 minutes ago after gathering more than 750 coins building a base, for instance). Something like:
    You can only buy archer shop items with coins earned as archer;
    You can only buy knight shop items with coins earned as knight;
    Builders, that usually make plenty of coins, can't buy the items in the above lines, so they would easily buy burgers, builder shop items and siege, being a more important role in the team economy.

It sounds game breaking, I think it could fit as a "Economy mod" or a "Hardcore mod". It would perhaps help into making castles and structures a bit more resilient.

bru-jaz and piercebob like this.
  6. PUNK123

[​IMG]though i understand how it would discourage class switching it is really the only way to stop the shittery

I personally really like this belt suggestion though. Show off those dirty water bombs, mines ect. Now You'll know the abusive shitters to target. I really dont think the arguement that "it removes the element of surprise" stands up to any scrutiny because all the "l33t strats" is solo shitter tactics that should be obvious. Mine spam doesnt exactly help your team, granted water involves some teamwork, but it might actually help the holder because people wont charge a player with water. I also think it balances water for knights because you can see an archer's water arrow for a 1/2 second before they shoot(their charge) but you cant see the knight's waterboomba.
    I also think it is trash that arrows prop open doors just seems unfair. i dont play archer but id personally prefer it if archer didnt even drop arrows

piercebob likes this.
  7. an_obamanation

I'd say that burgers should be shown but not other things. As with burger spam there's really nothing you can do. It's a neat idea for SOME things, but not all things. And sure bomb arrow spam can be annoying but in my experience it's been the end of many many stalemate matches. When one archer is able to get an opening and blast through and run away with the flag, it can turn a 5 hour long match into a much shorter one. And generally as long as you're paying attention to your flag's status it won't be too hazardous (Pubs generally never pay attention to this though.). And i'm much finer with the way KAG is updating atm, which is getting more fixes than additions.

8. PUNK123

These points dont mesh. If the item can end a 5 hour long stalemate then obviously it is a very hazardous object. Im not even afraid of archers with bomb arrows, im afraid of that one cheeky builder that buys 300 coins worth of them and spams the flagcase. It just isn't fair in the slightest the enemy completely destroys your base in afew seconds and at the same time kill off anyone trying to repair/defend. Though it might not need a belt(because you can see the bomb arrow as they charge)it isn't because it is a stalemate ender or because the shit-tier spam is good.

9. an_obamanation

It becomes hazardous when you fail to pay attention to them. Otherwise you can block it as a knight with some ease. I can understand it being really difficult though when people buy 300 coins worth. That's a bit insane, but I think 1-2 can turn the tide of battle in a fair manner, as it still takes some skill to get the coins unless you're just playing builder the whole match to get those coins. Like you said though, there's still no point to it as you can see the bomb arrows when they're charging, and to me it's much more fun to go "Oh god bomb arrows!" and frantically run to the flag to either repair it or cover it than it is to just go "Oh, archer has bomb arrows on him, gotta focus on guarding the flag then, bleh."

I could be wrong when I say this but I remember seeing backwards platforms absorb bomb arrows like they were nothing, again, could be wrong but this could be an easy counter to that issue if i'm correct. I'll test it out now and see how it goes.

10. PUNK123

1. i did not say no point
    2. "not paying attention" how exactly do you pay attention to a bomb arrow spamming archer when you cant see their ammo
    3. backward plats absorb 1 bomb arrow as tho it is nothing, if you spam the same spot then that l33t trick is meaningless

11. an_obamanation

When you see archers running towards your flag that doesn't mean good things, so atleast keep an eye on them and see if they're potentially bomb arrowing you. Otherwise they may be running for uncovered shops to bomb arrow you/ keg you. I more meant paying attention to your flags condition but paying some form of attention to the running archers is a good thing to do as well.

And I tested the backwards plats thing and yeah that's how they act, but it's still a nice deterrent to bomb arrow spam, a way of lessening the blast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R25JB2x9X-E

LOOK AT THAT I CAN BANDICAM I'M THE BEST LOLOLOL. Anyways, we're probably getting off topic here. I don't like the thought of having signs for items, i'd rather just get more bug fixes and slight tweaks and bomb arrows could be tweaked a bit, i'd say make them cost more as 50 coins? Two of them can do close to the damage of a keg! And they're very convenient too, unlike a keg. There's a lot more important things for KAG to be updated with than things like this, instead of showing that someone has a bomb arrow on them, i'd rather them tweak it to make the bomb arrow a little less powerful. Instead of showing that a player has lot's of mats, i'd rather them be mysterious and have me on my toes. Only two things i'd like to see shown are Burgers and other food items, because that can get annoying after a while.

12. PUNK123

Is not off topic if we are talking about the topic. Go back into the shadows.
    • "i just want bug fixes"----least conducive thing to say in a discussion about adding things into the game. If you are of that opinion just dont comment in any of the threads as you'd really have nothing to say.
    • Showing bs that people carry can only balance the game more. There would not be any shitty bomb arrow spam from an archer grappling across the map if the enemy saw the arrows. You could very easily kill them. This would limit the bs to only being abused from behind/on top of, a tower.
    • The number of mats really dont matter you should target a stray builder no matter what.

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I suggested this to Punk over Steam but I think a good fix to the shit Punk somehow brought into this totally different thread is to change the coin gain by different classes. E.g. make archers get 10 coins per hit (exaggerating) and make bomb arrows now cost 100. This will help because archers tend to get far less coins than knights or builders and so, while archer mains will very rarely get 3-4 bomb arrows, builders and knights will often switch to archer, destroy shit, and then switch back which is BS.

I like your idea but there are 3 problems I see:

1. Overcomplicated the game: "WHY CANT I BUY THIS SHIT I HAVE ENOUGH COINS, RQ"
    2. Stops multiclassing. Why help your team as builder if you can't use your coins?
    3. best part about kag: sneak into enemy base as archer, switch to knight with their shop, buy a bunch of shit and kegs and fuck up their base. Can't do that if you can't spend archercoins in knight shops.

As for the item belts, +10000000. People say how they wank to uncertainty and getting watered last second and dying to some faglord, I disagree completely. I love knowing what I'm up against and being able to plan and approach with my brain instead of them having some BS water bomb or burger up their sleeve to fuck me over.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    daskew87 and bru-jaz like this.
  14. piercebob

piercebob Shark Slayer

ok everyone needs to calm down this is a thread on the idea of items someone is carrying to be shown to others not on what things should cost go make your own thread on that this is my turf now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i can see the points you guys are making but some things would be good like with the 4 burgers you know that you cant kill him in a sword fight so make him go boom with a well placed bomb and the archer arrow thing is a bit of a 50/50 but it wont matter if the archer is up in a tower sniping a hole in the wall from a distance to let his fellow knights into the tower/flag and we all would want to rush a fat sacked builder if we see one and claim his loot and hope he gets a bit salty in the chat. but at the end of the day its just an idea that will likely never see the light of day since its a risky move with lots of effort and work so no need to get defensive.

PUNK123 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows