1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

It's going to suck when KAG goes mainstream...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Menace

Menace Shipwright

Hey can you get me some more information on bandwidth statistics, as our results have come up a little different to this, i don't think they would use nearly that much data.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Incarnum's got delta compression off. Check your PMs I'm about to send you a fair bit of info.

Contrary that's a sad thing to hear, though afaik reception for premium week 1 was overwhelmingly cheerful.

3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I guess I was directing my fears more to the community dying (next time Geti or MM makes a game are we all jumping on the Geti MM bandwagon again? or will we all really be a bunch of old fogies ha ha) then KAG itself being successful (not the fear of being successful but of what will come with it.)

4. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Why exactly do you people think I'm being rather... generous with infractions and verbal warnings?

I will not watch these forums go to pantsonheadretarded phase without doing anything.

5. Waave

Waave Shipwright

Yeah, the good thing about KAG is that there is a F2P and a Premium division. Like TF2, the gap between F2P newbs and Premiums is just horrendous, but the Premium only servers (which TF2 should have) would keep the bad players out (Or at least the disrespectful and rude players).

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well, I bought the game without ever even playing it. I figured ten bucks was a steal and I have no incentive to pirate it (Even if it were possible) because I am directly supporting the dev, not handing it to some outside company that drinks 40% off the top. So, I'm still a little nooby when it comes to some things but I'm also an excellent builder ;D

7. Dr_Ghost

Dr_Ghost Shopkeep Stealer

Would it be reasonable to implement a bit of stat tracking? So each user would have stats like Total Kills/Deaths/Bans/Kicks which could be used by servers to weed out people from joining?

At the moment the accounts seem to have a Date Joined variable. Maybe servers could stop player accounts less than a week or two old from joining. Could stop the hackers, griefers, trolls who create new accounts every time they get banned.

Overall I don't notice many trouble makers. It's just when they do show up they really piss everyone off and can ruin the whole match.

8. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

I hate stat trackings.. I only like to see my score in a game but not Total kills and bla bla..

Beef and Noburu like this.
  9. Dr_Ghost

Dr_Ghost Shopkeep Stealer

No I know. I don't mean for bragging purposes. They could be hidden from players.
    They would just be for servers to keep out nooblets.

10. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

If you can hidden it yep I agree lol I hate braggings and bla bla.

11. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's impossible to make a hidden stat tracker and use it to prevent noobs from using a server at the same time.

But yea, no stat tracking please, just to protect myself in becoming a major asshole, trelawny knows all about it.

IloveElectro likes this.
  12. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Overworld is somewhat free-for all so it's kind-of immune.

13. Menen

Menen Shipwright

Sadly this happens to all games. I remember when it happened to minecraft.

:c

14. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Oh well, Minecraft went mainstream ~1.5 years ago, if we should follow their schedule, KAG should go mainstream in half a year. Nice

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I guess servers will have more local admins in future, so griefers and speed hackers won't last more than a minute in big servers. I also think the community (or some part of it) will remains well, (only committed players acess the foruns).
    But i'm a little afraid of mainstream
    If things get really bad, I will just make a hardcoreserver and give the password to old players.

16. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

More like the lamestream

Rayne, BlueLuigi, Neat and 1 other person like this.
  17. timeismoney25

timeismoney25 Shopkeep Stealer

I look at some old screenshots, before the bouncy knights, pretty graphics, fall damage etc. etc. and cry. It was so fun those days. I only have a few small memories and some screenshots.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, stunlocks suck.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I play alot of CoH, and in CoH stats are only very very loosely associated with someone's actual talent in the game. Same would definitely be true in KAG, aggressive builders that rarely get any kills or points, but contribute alot to their team for their efforts, would be very severely punished if their contribution was evaluated by "luk at dis n00bs kdr XD"

20. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

If KAG goes mainstream.