1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Just Got Kicked From a Server For No Reason - How to Improve...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KingXandercosm, Jun 30, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

"Lol" is all I can say, dude. I'm no griefer, take it or leave it.

On another note, I had one just now that was purely funny. I got kicked by a guy for "coming into his secret lair that nobody else is supposed to be in".

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I will bet 5 kegs this was daskew

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Deal^^

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Ignored votes don't count towards being kicked out. It's kind of unfortunate that you are getting kick, but I think the best solution is to play on servers with better moderation. Also those kicks don't last hours so if you hop onto another server for a few minutes you can get back on the previous one.

J-man2003 and PUNK123 like this.
  5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I would like this a lot

Also one thing I have been wanting for a while is every block placed has team ownership, meaning that stone blocks are either owned by blue or red depending on who placed them, but this would only be used for gaining coins as builder for destroying the opposing team's blocks, referencing what Galen said.

6. KingXandercosm

Well, I like everyone's thoughts and suggestions. The problem isn't a huge one, just a small annoyance.

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

IIRC you can't grief your own wood blocks with fire arrows, so I'd say blocks are assigned to teams.

JUST saying.

J-man2003, Osmal and Dargona1018 like this.
  8. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

It also seems that bombs dmg your team's blocks less than your enemy's.

But, Imo, it's a great idea.

9. KingXandercosm

Yeah, I noticed that when I was playing around with archer. This is what I'm talking about, though. I think some team-assigning of blocks wouldn't be such a bad thing.

10. watermelon200

watermelon200 Catapult Fodder

nothing like this has ever happened to me before but it would still be nice to implement::):

11. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

I am digging up an old post here.
    This is really urinating me off.
    I just got kicked on a server for griefing in a 2v1 vote (The ''no'' vote being mine), and I didn't even have time to convince anyone of otherwise.
    I think that votekicking a person shouldn't last for 30 seconds but should work more like this:
    1.Player A starts a votekick for griefing - Player B.
    2.Player B gets frozen, and must explain himself.
    3.Should other people vote against kicking Player B, then he will be unfrozen, provided that half the team voted against.
    4.Should other people vote for kicking Player B, then he will remain frozen for 2 minutes (spectator mode), to give Player B a chance to still explain his actions, and then be kicked off the server.
    5.Should an insufficient amount of players vote, he will remain frozen until atleast half the team votes for, or against. A spare player will most likely have players want to vote, so as not to be outnumbered by the enemy.
    ---Also, regardless of which option you choose, then you can reopen the window by clicking on the frozen player in question.
    Apologies, if I am bringing back an old topic, but this is, in my opinion, still an issue.

EDIT. After writing this post, I went on to play KAG some more, and joined one of the official servers, and someone started a votekick against me after about 15 minutes of playing, though I was spared via democracy. This is ridiculous, why would somone try to votekick an archer for griefing, if not for some sick pleasure one might get in seeing others suffer unjustly?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

if you don't know what you're doing or are just bad at the game, people may get annoyed by you or actually think you are greifing. Some people just can't tell.
    example of how an archer can unintentionally grief: shooting at a mine to defuse it, then not realizing that there are teammates next to it.

J-man2003 and Psiklaw like this.
  13. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I know what you meant but I'd just like to point out that there's no such thing as "unintentionally griefing."

But the whole 2-person-majority situation is pretty silly. Here's what I think the problem is: Alhough only the people who vote are taken into account, either option is a vote for someone to get kicked: there is no neutral option. There should be an "Abstain" choice.

J-man2003 likes this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There used to be an abstain choice. There also used to be specific majority thresholds for no/yes. This was removed in favour of the current system. You can argue with @norill about the semantics therein.

J-man2003 likes this.
  15. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

yea yea ik, its only griefing if its intentional. it was just easier to explain that way

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

What about if I unintentionally build team traps in our base and then blow up our tower with a keg?

J-man2003 and bunnie like this.
  17. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Dont forget about unintentionally swapping to enemy team!

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

What about, say, lighting a keg, then realizing that the door is blocked, and, in panic, having to throw the keg to a place where it will do the least damage, and destroy, say, a workshop in the process?

Anyway, are you guys sure that there is no abstain choice? I thought that left-clicking on the voting window just means you abstain?

J-man2003 and makmoud98 like this.
  19. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Actually not looking at that sometimes im getting way 2 curious and do nonrule stuff, Im not gettin' kick'd (almost), and the only time I was getting masievely kicked is when I changed the name on *nop*
    dont use nop names, that's ur tactics

20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I get kicked by edgy kids for no reason all the time, it's one of the reasons why I don't play KAG very much anymore.

If you really want to handle unjust vote-starters, you can just be a rational human being and let it go, or be like me and wait out the ban time, get back on the server, tell everyone what the unjust vote-starter did and vote-kick him off the server and reign supreme.

I'm not kidding I did this once it felt great.

In all seriousness though the player should only get frozen if a certain threshold of people vote to kick him. (1/3 of players on team or something similar) Would you like some edgy kid to start random vote-kicks against people to instantly freeze them?

Mods: Rainbows