1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG bans policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirFilthybottom, Mar 4, 2013.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

most people could plan a murder and then say it was a mistake, that it was rage and that they were not thinking straight. The way you say it, makes it appear that people who want to hack the game, really go out of their way to hack the game.

2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

eamono, we do have a tiered justice system. That's how it works at the moment. :P

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Can't tell if compliment or complaint.
    If compliment: :)
    if complaint: Care to tell me how you hack a game by accident?

4. GloriousToast

exactly. You don't hack unless you really, really want to. There is no accident.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Huh. Well, can I, like Furai, extend my thanks to those who have contributed to the discussion thus far. Just to confirm, there are plans to have a new ToS for the game before it ships on Steam, so having issues like this examined from multiple angles is really helpful to those involved in writing said new ToS. :)

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

How long do you get banned each time you get banned? The first is 3 days (right?), and second is?

7. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm usually I'm making it longer gradually (kind of exponentially but not really). I'm usually following scheme like 2,5,7,14,1month, 3months...and so on. But it only applies to normal offenders (griefers, general abusers). When it comes to cheaters, I'm just perm-banning them.

9. SlyStalker

Sorry if it was unclear, but I meant banned from the forum for 'rules violations'.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sly, points & length of bans is thus:
    Warning points, once gained, will hang around for 1 year from the date they were given.

11. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

That's a bit lengthy.

12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Best try to avoid being an ass on the forums, then. :P

vampo and SlyStalker like this.
  13. GloriousToast

you don't have to be an ass to be banned from the forums. (am i really that much of an ass D: ?) On that note when i got banned multiple times i learned a few things
    1. you can log into the forums but can't log out (you have to erase cookies/ clear history to leave)
    2. if you said you were banned till x day then you need to wait till the x+1 day to ensure to be unbanned
    3. if you are watching a conversations and receive emails from it, when you get banned, you will still receive emails from it. but not from any watched threads

also could you put the title of banned on people who are banned?

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I see that discussion is slowly getting off track. It wasn't really meant to discuss forum bans. Also, I guess everything was said already about the in-game bans.

15. SlyStalker

OK, sorry about that. All I see on the threads about bans and threads about protesting against a ban that you have receieved (etc.) is that there are no exceptions, and the mods won't go easy on you. Did I write a good summary of the topic? :/