1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1712 – Hotfix(es) and Accumulated Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Original: http://thd.vg/kag-build-1711-hotfix-and-accumulated-changes

Hey Everyone!

Sorry about the server outages – turns out some of the holiday code was left in an unfinished state and as the day rolled around the servers started trying to load code that wasn’t there. This build fixes that issue as well as including all the accumulated changes since last build.

Overview of changes:

• Ladders crashing/lagging server bug should be fixed, but needs proper testing.
    • Mines only ignore shields within the immediate area – so if you’re shielding and a team-mate steps on it, you can survive.
    • Trampolines spawned from map can no longer be picked up
    • Mine has slightly increased priming time
    • Many scripts standardised to use SetDamageToCarrier
    • Fixed “clbutt” issue with noswears
    • Coins from damage are capped at full health, so the overkill weapons dont give extra money.
    • Fixed Name Hover Offset in TDM
    Sorry for the haphazard presentation of this build, we weren’t planning on making a release so soon but the crash issue has made it necessary. Thank you for bearing with us through this.

We’ll be checking the build’s stability as much as we can but most of THD is out of the office over the new year period.

Let us know right here in this thread if you continue to have issues and we’ll deal with it as soon as possible.

Have Fun!
    Max

Forum Addendum: Steam build is still going out, should be done soon.
    Edit: steam build is out, you'll get it as soon as it propagates through valve's network.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

These two changes make me happy ::):

Although I rather not have mines kill you when you're shielding, this should alleviate some of the frustration of when your idiot teammate fails to see the mine right in front of them.

3. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Always a nice job, good work mate!

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The fact that the last hotfix actually kept things broken should come as a shock to few who understand the realities of night-before-christmas technology. I'll be working on it till it actually works, but lets just say i'm pretty tired of waiting for the build server at this point.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

;-; Let's hope it works for Christmas then

6. Geti

Another build going out to bump the build number and crop out any of the previously affected servers. Seems to be working after playing both modded and unmodded servers so I'm calling it a night. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, whether you're celebrating anything or not!

7. HurrisLT

HurrisLT Builder Stabber

This update brought more resolution problems. i used to play in 1366 x 768 on my native 1920x1080 but now its unplayable. Any tips?

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Can you be more specific? It's hard to fix "unplayable".

Also are you trying to play fullscreen? Because then I can imagine it not working

9. HurrisLT

HurrisLT Builder Stabber

I tried both fullscreen and windowed mode, both modes does not scale like they used too. I can send more info if you need it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2015 ---
    This is example of what happens, buttons are not responding. http://postimg.org/image/e9hju9i05/
    If i try native resolution, things does not fit into screen, lover resolutions produce the same output as displayed above.

DatNobby likes this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I have seen someone ingame that was talking about the same issue (if that wasn't you). It's maybe not an individual problem.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You can't grapple nor shoot as archer when holding a tramp, is it intended?

Edit // huh
    and the mine deploy time is rather long, it's not viable to throw it if there's any enemy around, not even from the top of a tower

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's a heavy item like kegs now.
    Could not replicate on Windows 10, try a fresh install (be sure to delete the WHOLE folder, uninstalling will leave some files behind).

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Wait, you can't grapple or shoot while holding kegs either?

14. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Damnit verra you witchy witch are you the one that made the tabbing out glitch happen on start up?
    Now I have to go and make a bug report for the first time in like two years

15. Mazey

Code:
    [modified] TrampolineLogic.as, trampolines are now of the medium weight class
    Might be an issue with the weight classes if you can actually grapple with kegs

16. Teodor1

Teodor1 Catapult Fodder

When I try to go in to a server it crashes!
    So basically i cant play KAG.
    someone help me :rektlord: PLS

17. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

Quite literally the same thing here, just with KAG opening. Upon opening KAG, it crashes 100%.

18. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Try playing in default resolution 1024x768, there's been some new resolution code introduced, tested on tons of platforms. It basically does nearest whole upscaling. I suggest the same for anyone who is experiencing crashes, or issues with resolution to try default resolution. On another note if you are experiencing crashes please link your logs here.

19. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Something else to note, default controls are TR controls so you will most likely have to open up your options and bind new keys.

20. Lautre

Lautre Builder Stabber

hello there, it's only me or there is a problem with the new build and full screen if you don't play in native resolution (do not scale) ? :eek:

Edit i see i'm not alone having problems ::):

for info here my setup :
    Nvidia 670
    Windows 10 x64 up to date
    3440x1440 screen but playing KAG in 2560x1080 (otherwise chat is too small)
    Screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/p9Q4zvu.jpg