1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1712 – Hotfix(es) and Accumulated Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

send logs of the crash. And try default res.

2. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

I cant choose any resolution, because upon opening the launcher, the launcher magically vanishes[It wont even show up]
    Process: launchd [471]
    Path: /Users/prdtesting/Desktop/Kag copies/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/KAG
    Identifier: launchd
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [85]

Date/Time: 2015-12-24 18:18:25.377 +0200
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
    Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 31993 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 30
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 26
    Anonymous UUID: 462FB03E-CDE5-4844-BD81-4289E60ADC5C

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000008fe01030
    Crashed Thread: Unknown

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
    eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
    edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
    ss: 0x0000001f efl: 0x00010202 eip: 0x8fe01030 cs: 0x00000017
    ds: 0x0000001f es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
    cr2: 0x8fe01030

Binary images description not available

Model: MacBook3,1, BootROM MB31.008D.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.2 GHz, 2 GB, SMC 1.24f2
    Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, GMA X3100, Built-In, 144 MB
    Memory Module: global_name
    AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x88), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.42.4)
    Bluetooth: Version 2.4.5f3, 2 service, 12 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
    Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
    Serial ATA Device: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB, 111.79 GB
    Parallel ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-857E
    USB Device: Built-in iSight, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8501, 0xfd400000 / 2
    USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x021b, 0x5d200000 / 3
    USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x5d100000 / 2
    USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac (Apple Inc.), 0x8205, 0x1a100000 / 2
    USB Device: USB Optical Mouse, 0x046d (Logitech Inc.), 0xc077, 0x1a200000 / 3
    and sends this crash report on the screen.[Kag copies because i have lots of textures and backups::D:]

3. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

ah yea it crashing on the launcher is very very odd. Not sure what's causing that, we did just move to a new mac build so that could be a large contributing factor in your issue. We'll be looking into it for sure. Just one thing can you try and get a clean build of the game and test it (i.e redownload.) thanks for your feedback on the forums it's really helpful.

4. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Growing grey hairs waiting for these mines to deploy ; )

5. TheAverageMan

1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

Im like a 50 year old shag carpet man

6. TheBloodyWolf

TheBloodyWolf Arsonist

You can still fly using trampolines, :thumbs_up:

toothgrinderx, EhRa, DatNobby and 2 others like this.
  7. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Generally, when the opinion is unanimous that arrow collisions need to come back, you should try and put them back -_-
    The ladder thing doesnt work, tramps are fucked even more, the scoreboard is still bad, you can still fly, mines are virtually useless now, money flow is pretty dead late game, generally made the game worse, as usual ;_;

I'm going to host a pre-halloween update server because I'm extremely disappointed in where this game is heading and theres no foreseeable help from you guys =<

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Overall this just seems like a very small update to me, which is fine, but somehow it doesn't surprise me that people are crying "game ruined" already. Overreacting to every little update and every little change really doesn't help anything.

Instead of whining about how this update sucks and this that and the other are all garbage, explain where and why something is a problem, and give a suggestion. The first mine change is great, but I also think the fuse change was unnecessary and it's simply too long now. A better way to make mines less annoying is to make them not prime when they fall out of your inventory when you die.

Luckily there's still one way to mine cheese, courtesy of a really cool change that I haven't seen anyone talking about. (See also borken resolution problems) I like this change but I also think you should have to hold space bar to tilt the trampoline where you want because it makes it kind of a pain to put down.

Also, I too can't play with the resolution I want now. I have to play on my native resolution which is really annoying with kag. If I change my monitor's resolution to 1366 x 768 and set KAG's resolution to that as well, it still doesn't work. If this was meant to be experimental I'd prefer you keep that kind of stuff not on the main KAG build :I

...could you elaborate? I don't really know what you mean by most of that stuff. What ladder thing? How are tramps fucked? I get the scoreboard thing isn't ideal but they know that and they're working on it. Money flow is dead late game.. what is that supposed to mean? How is "late game" money flow any different than any other part of the game, unless you're a builder who's out of stone?

Also unanimous opinion doesn't explain why they should add a thing. What reasoning is there behind arrow collision vs. no arrow collision?

9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

theyve been working on it for months.....i understand the functionality and all but they can test that themselves without leaving us with an inferior scoreboard forever. I can't speak for him but when i played tramps kinda made combat trashy,but the real issue is people can use them in mid air(one person getting over a tower because they used the wood from resupplies/treefarm)

general response for it being re-added, in the build thread that announced its removal, was skill

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  10. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I'm going to maintain my opinion that the mine change from last patch was stupid and that they should be shieldable. But now with the new change, mines are 0 fun to use and 0 fun to play against! With their stupidly big explosion radius and unshieldability from the overhaul, it is moronic to try to use them in direct combat, especially considering someone can grab it. Now, you can't even throw it from a height to kill someone. Their only use is to be an annoying troll weapon when you slip onto it in combat or don't see it. Oh, and don't forget that you have to put a mine down completely out of combat. I've seen someone throw a mine down a mile away from me, rush to it a very long time after he deployed it, grabbed it and took it myself. That's stupid. Mines are terrible in the current build.

I'm not saying they're over powered or under powered, they're just bad.

11. TheAverageMan

1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

But when mines were shield able, no one was ever using them because everyone is always surfing on the ground. They might as well not even have been in the game since they were so rarely used. Not to mention, having mines by your base just helped the enemy to shield the explosion and hop over your walls.

jimster6000 and AmestriStephen like this.
  12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Mines could have used with some tweaking. However, they should have done it another way. For example, have you tried out my "sick mines" mod on my TDM? It works fine and mines are very useful in combat if you use them correctly.

13. Andrey_rus

Andrey_rus Catapult Fodder

Same problem with screen resolution! Have standart 1440x900

>>> Performing actions with error report: 'C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\502b1893-b8c5-45ea-98ce-1676250ae3f6'
    [compressing_files]
    Total file size for compression is 127473 bytes
    Creating ZIP archive file C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\502b1893-b8c5-45ea-98ce-1676250ae3f6.zip
    Compressing file app.txt
    Compressing file console-15-12-10-21-25-26.txt
    Compressing file crashdump.dmp
    Compressing file crashrpt.xml
    Compressing file screenshot0.png
    Compressing file system.txt
    Calculating MD5 hash for file C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\502b1893-b8c5-45ea-98ce-1676250ae3f6.zip
    Finished compressing files...OK
    [end_compressing_files]
    [sending_report]
    [sending_attempt]
    No URL specified for sending error report over HTTP; skipping.
    [sending_attempt]
    Sending error report using Simple MAPI
    Initializing MAPI
    [confirm_launch_email_client]
    Launching the default email client (Microsoft Outlook)
    MAPILogon has failed with code 80004005.
    [sending_attempt]
    Start sending email
    Quering MX record of domain thd.vg
    Getting address info of mx01.puttynuts.com port 25
    Creating socket
    Connecting to SMTP server mx01.puttynuts.com port 25
    Connected OK.
    Waiting for greeting message from SMTP server...
    220 vm-mx01.puttynuts.com ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)

Sending EHLO
    250-vm-mx01.puttynuts.com

250-PIPELINING

250-SIZE 96000000

250-VRFY

250-ETRN

250-STARTTLS

250-AUTH PLAIN

250-AUTH=PLAIN

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES

250-8BITMIME

250 DSN

Sending sender and recipient information
    250 2.1.0 Ok

250 2.1.5 Ok

Start sending email data
    354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>

Send error
    Sending message text
    Send error
    Sending attachments
    Send error
    Send error
    Send error
    Send error
    Send error
    250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 6B4AEA039

221 2.0.0 Bye

Finished with error code 0
    Finished OK.
    [status_success]
    >>> Performing actions with error report: 'C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\31d0e86b-eb5f-4098-b4ac-c6803437534a'
    [compressing_files]
    Total file size for compression is 112825 bytes
    Creating ZIP archive file C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\31d0e86b-eb5f-4098-b4ac-c6803437534a.zip
    Compressing file app.txt
    Compressing file console-15-12-22-20-18-17.txt
    Compressing file crashdump.dmp
    Compressing file crashrpt.xml
    Compressing file screenshot0.png
    Compressing file system.txt
    Calculating MD5 hash for file C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\31d0e86b-eb5f-4098-b4ac-c6803437534a.zip
    Finished compressing files...OK
    [end_compressing_files]
    [sending_report]
    [sending_attempt]
    No URL specified for sending error report over HTTP; skipping.
    [sending_attempt]
    Sending error report using Simple MAPI
    Initializing MAPI
    Launching the default email client (Microsoft Outlook)
    MAPILogon has failed with code 80004005.
    [sending_attempt]
    Start sending email
    Quering MX record of domain thd.vg
    Attachment not found: C:\Users\Андрей\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports\KAG_1180\502b1893-b8c5-45ea-98ce-1676250ae3f6.zip
    Critical error detected.
    [status_failed]

14. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I cleaned up some offtopic/spammy posts. This is a place to discuss the new build people! Not a place to discuss the amount of grey hair you have

TheAverageMan and AmestriStephen like this.
  15. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

By the way if you want to report problems, bugs and things like that in a more specific and technical way, there is an appropriate section.
    This section is used to announce and discuss it, in a more "general" way.

Noburu likes this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

this new money system makes me limp and not in fun ways.

no wonder im not seeing bombs ; scrubs cant even get enough to money to buy them.
    took me like 5 kills to even score a bomb or two

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Redshadow6 and ShnitzelKiller like this.
  18. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

Does the new build work with Mac OS 10.6.8?

19. HurrisLT

HurrisLT Builder Stabber

Tried fresh install, as you suggested. now its playable in standard resolution windowed mode ( full screen remains broken), but others remain the same. By the way my OS is windows 8.1 x64.

Mazey likes this.
  20. Redshadow6

Redshadow6 Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Don't like the new money system, I had to make like 3 kills to even buy ONE bomb. I honestly don't get why this's been changed

Yagger likes this.