1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1712 – Hotfix(es) and Accumulated Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

the same as it's always been handled.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Im afraid that kegs will be even more rare then gud teammates in round now, and the half of game will be just *TakeTheKeg*
    TTK, new gamemode, anyone?

3. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

So builders won't receive any coins for hits with the pickaxe? And you'll get less from pushing someone at full health off a cliff than from slashing them to death?

Darknighte9 likes this.
  4. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

re it hasn't changed from anything previous, the only difference is you don't get over kill damage.

5. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

Give us numbers or something without deleting it afterwards you arrogant pleb. :huh?:

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Temper, temper, little ones. Or mother will have to put down her gin & tonic. And we wouldn't want that... :huh?:

EhRa and Noburu like this.
  7. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I found a new bug, Well, a problem really

I was playing Ikos ctf, the server glich out, Kept kicking people, After 2 mins, It returned to normal, but, after i was attacking reds side of the base, "Vamist has joined red team"

"Vamist has been named Vamist2"

I look at the leader board My normal name was fine, My USERNAME was Vamist2

does that mean i can change my forums name to Vamist2?

the game removed my admin because my username was not Vamist >.<

well, gg, The server crashed, Kicked me, So i was able to rejoin, But in the game, I was still their, so there was 2 of me, meaning i was renamed vamist2 because you cant have the same username

Code:
    [12:42:45] Vamist connected
    [12:42:45] Vamist has joined Red Team
    [12:42:46] xeligrn connected
    [12:42:46] xeligrn has joined Red Team
    [12:42:48] JPD left the game
    [12:42:53] khargor left the game
    [12:43:02] Hunternevss left the game
    [12:43:03]  * Teams are way imbalanced due to players leaving...
    [12:43:03]  * Remember, swapping to the smaller team makes you a better person!
    [12:43:05]  * Balancing lie_rain0208 to Blue Team
    [12:43:05] r@in (lie_rain0208) has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:06] DRAGONKElCazador connected as DRAGONK.El Cazador
    [12:43:07] DRAGONK.El Cazador (DRAGONKElCazador) has joined Red Team
    [12:43:11] DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER
    [12:43:18] Connecting to... Iko's CTF Adventure! 24 slots
    [12:43:18] Connecting to 5.196.109.47:50302
    [12:43:19] Arsenic (Physalis) has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:19] Physalis connected as Arsenic
    [12:43:19] strangemarker has joined Red Team
    [12:43:19] strangemarker connected
    [12:43:19] Juanxd96 (JuanFlare) has joined Red Team
    [12:43:19] JuanFlare connected as Juanxd96
    [12:43:19] benrvd has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:19] benrvd connected
    [12:43:19] r@in (lie_rain0208) has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:19] lie_rain0208 connected as r@in
    [12:43:19] Vamist has joined Red Team
    [12:43:19] Vamist connected
    [12:43:19] xeligrn has joined Red Team
    [12:43:19] xeligrn connected
    [12:43:19] DRAGONK.El Cazador (DRAGONKElCazador) has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:19] DRAGONKElCazador connected as DRAGONK.El Cazador
    [12:43:19] Hunternevs (Hunternevss) has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:19] Hunternevss connected as Hunternevs
    [12:43:19] Professortbag has joined Red Team
    [12:43:19] Professortbag connected
    [12:43:19] Vamist2 connected
    [12:43:19] Vamist2 has joined Blue Team
    [12:43:22] Vamist left the game

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. Bint

Bint Haxor

The other day someone joined as "Unnamed Player" in both sections but he could see his usual username on his end.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Engine bug. Probably won't be fixed (doubt it's easily doable), but if it happens a lot with TR for some reason it might be

10. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Has the fact that you still get money by spamming useless blocks behind spawn been addressed? Currently a player that never leaves spawn and just spams platforms makes more money than a knight who wipes out the enemy team. The abysmal new coin system didn't change how money from building works, which means that going builder and shitting out blocks is the most effective way to get money.

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

One thing at a time, Shnitzel. Brokenly OP builder is another thing to address all in/of itself.

13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

All this whining about coin distribution for builders AND THEY CANT EVEN HIT PEOPLE WITH THEIR PICKAXE.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

As I said:

15. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

A lot of this rebalance stuff hasn't impacted my playing of the game too much tbh. Honestly, if i didn't read the logs i wouldn't notice half the stuff like the money change and all. I've been all for the changes to mines and trampolines but i do think that builds should go over much more extensive testing before release. This would probably mean more testers (wink wink) that are actually going to do private matches testing the builds and making suggestions to the interns instead of the cluster fuck of ramblings here. I know the interns cannot work on everything or do everything perfect the first time.
    In my opinion, there isn't much rebalancing left to do. Most of it just makes people angry anyway. The biggest problem in KAG right now is the builder class. It hardly works and most of the time is a game of luck. That doesn't really fit in with the skillful gameplay the other classes are.
    On another note, the menu. I've watched far too many people on twitch playing the game for the first time, doing save the princess, beating the "single player" in 15 minutes and feeling completely ripped off. IMO the save the princess and all that should be accessed by a smaller button on the side labeled "extras" Also I've seen many people confused by the server browser. It may seem extremely simple to those here that have been playing and know all the quirks with the settings but people aren't used to it are confused and end up seeing "5 servers with 0 people" and assume the game is completely dead. That's all for now.

EhRa and Blue_Tiger like this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

but isnt the "simple join" button there for that reason?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 6, 2016 ---
    If you have a bad connection to all the servers as I have, the simple join does not work because always says "no low ping server match with your criteria"... maybe you could change this to join to the less ping server although it has a bad connection.

17. CowboyDan

I just tried simple join for the first time. i clicked 8-20 players game mode ctf. It didn't bring me to any server and i was then showed this [​IMG]

18. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Are you sure you're running the latest KAG version? What version are you on?

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Honestly, if you think that the discussion here is a clusterfuck then you really don't want to be involved in organising regular, sufficiently large, groups of testers to fulfil your "much more extensive testing" mandate (by which I assume you mean "x times more test runs than is currently done prior to a release"). Why? Because it's like herding cats. Hundreds of cats. Through a cornmaze. And all the cats have blowtorches tied to their tails. Calling trying to organise that shit a 'clusterfuck' is, at times, wildly generous/optimistic.

(No. I'm not bitter at all. :QQ:)

EhRa, makmoud98, Noburu and 4 others like this.
  20. CowboyDan

Yeah im on the latest version. I had to close the server browser and reopen it for it to show any servers. The refresh button didnt even do the job. And when i reopened the server browser us ctf official had 17/20 players. Many new people would just see that 0 servers 0 players and just quit most likely.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 6, 2016 ---
    Maybe a public test ctf would be a good idea then.