1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG - Build 1859 - Sponge Defense and Various Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 20, 2016.

1. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

yeah, you'll be better off just simply not getting hit by your own water

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I'll test it out a little bit tomorrow and see how bad it is. If you can get two jabs in or a slash with it before the other person is unstunned then that's bullshit, if it's only one then yeah, not that big a deal considering the inventory thing.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Business as usual.

This is pretty much why I was happy to implement it; I can't see it having much of an effect on the meta, just gives the players that are really bothered by it something to wipe away their salty tears with.

No, but considering how many water maps have been stripped from the CTF queue I can't imagine many were buying them.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Thank you for fixing the boulder glitch I told you about. I also like how the sponges negate most of the stun from water bombs.
    I agree with Chrispin's suggestions. Water arrows are the exact equivalent to water bombs but for archers so they should behave just like them.

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

In theory but no in practice. An archer can never damage someone they hit with a water arrow more than one heart while knight could charge up a double and own the situation. Same issue with bomb arrows, they're pretty fine for archers, but when a smart-ass builder/ knight has an archer shop at mid and too many coins in their pocket it becomes a big issue.

6. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree with punk, water arrows are like water bombs, and with his low damage capacity ( only one heart of damage if you are lucky ), its basically a way to gain time. ( at least for me )

And ye, water bomb have a timer, but only when it is on your HAND, if you throw it, it explodes in impact, just like water arrow do. I would agree in a timer while the arrow is in the air too, it makes more sense than firing a jar of water in a wall and it falling to the ground to explode, would be useless.

7. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm also thinking that if there's an item which negates water stuns, there should be an item to negate explosion damage? There isn't an item that would be viable to do this though...

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  8. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

shield does wonder magic again explosions

blackjoker77777, Magmus and 8x like this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

There shouldnt be.

blackjoker77777, Gurin and Galen like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Soaked sponge should absorb explosions and make it dry/empty again! Infinite loop ftw

PUNK123 and Fuzzle like this.
  11. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

. . . When I was writing my suggestion I was thinking it would be useful for archers. I just hate it when a stray bomb instantly kills you as archer.

12. an_obamanation

Bombs are literally the only thing knights have against archers, allowing an archer to completely absorb an explosion would make archers the most powerful class in CTF considering the archer's skill ceiling being enormous. If you don't wanna get blown up as an archer, stay back or dodge the attack, becomes much more fun that way.

Of course if the archer is poop then this doesn't matter, but when you got great archers who can pummel knights like it's nothing and dodge all slashes with the grapple hook, the only thing we got is bombos. And it just ruins the fun of bombs imo, while waterbombs aren't fun, pulling off a sick longshot with a bomb and getting a direct hit is one of the most satisfying things in this game, to have players just brush it off like "kek explosion" would break my little heart.

13. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You make a valid point. I was thinking that the item could absorb most of the explosion damage and leave the archer on 1 heart instead of instantly killing them. This means that archers could hold several of these items which will basically make them immune to bombs (only if they re-heal after they are damaged)! So now I'm convinced that it is a horrible idea that will unbalance the classes.

14. an_obamanation

Well hey man, you tried, that's all that matters. It's good at least that you're thinking about this kinda stuff and trying to get some new ideas out there. :D