1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Community Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadlington, Jul 8, 2011.

1. J4son

J4son Guest

I'm going to WORK ON and ATTEMPT to make an efficient and safe player report function in PHP for my server's lil shindig of a website. I'm on a research binge the next few days so I'll be home working around. If you want, I can help implement this on your website and make a DB of player reports out of it. Also cool would be a traditional bug tracking system, many of which are already made. It would bring much needed order to bug reports.

In case your interested in making a bug tracker, Fossil is a pretty common one, I've seen one called spider, and apparently wikipedia offers this http://bugseverywhere.org/ Which looks like a very simplistic and basic one. If... ya know.. you're interested.

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

@J4son: MM already said he'll set up Mantis. We've used that for Soldat and it worked out very well. Mantis is actively maintained and not so huge like Bugzilla for example.

3. J4son

J4son Guest

@illu, thanks, I've suggested it before and I never knew if it registered and all. Much more effective if MM had it under his control as well.

4. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah I'd rather leave a bugtracker to MM.

However, player reporting is something I've been discussing with a few folks already so I would be very interested in what you're up to :)

5. Shadlington

Just got around to using your images in the banner ilu, thanks :D

6. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Hey nice! But stop writing "ilu". :)

Oh and there's still one squeezed image. Just cut 60px from the top...ah...whatever...here you have the version with the right resolution. :)

And another oh: Here you have even more banner shots (even some from the latest testbuild with the new graphics :O):
    - one
    - two
    - three
    - four
    - five
    - six
    - seven
    - eight

7. Thorn

Thorn Guest

8. Shadlington

Thanks!
    Man, that new map looks awesome... Can't wait to try it out.

Also, I reassigned your previous map to show you as the author properly now that you have an account :)

9. Thorn

Thorn Guest

Thank you sir :)

10. Shadlington

Just a quick update in case anyone is wondering how this is going:

I've been seriously neglecting this and am going to continue to do so for a couple more weeks as I've had another project that has been/is demanding my time.

Also, some of the features I had been planning are going to be rolled into kag2d.com at some point over the coming weeks/months so I am considering lowering the goals of the site to just be a site dedicated to KAG content (as that is all it is right now anyways).

So when I get back to work on it I will primarily focus on improving and polishing what is already there and then see where kag2d is going before I implement other features.