1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG could be fun with a controller.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snow, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Snow

Snow Guest

I would suggest using software like Joy2Key as you can map the mouse cursor to a thumbstick. It is a bit awkward using mouse with a thumbstick, but it does work ok.

I once tested out playing Soldat with my Madcatz dual-analog controller. For running and jumping, it was excellent, but for aiming - since in soldat you have to be able to aim and make a kill in 0.2 secs, it was too slow. But I think for KAG it would be just fine. Archers are the only ones who aim, but don't need to aim quickly. For builders, you could slow down the cursor, so that it's easy to aim your square around when building/digging.

2. miaow

miaow Guest

Maybe it could be remade at some point and ported to XBLA and PSN(if it doesnt go down again :P)

3. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

Right Analog Stick: Movement, up is jump.
    Left Analog Stick: Aim.
    Right Trigger: Dig, Make Arrows, Shield
    Left Trigger: Place Block, Fire Bow, Swing Sword
    A: Fire Catapult, Throw Bomb
    B: Switch Class, Switch Block

4. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I was going to set this up for my roommates. They're not PC gamers, and I'm not a fan of controllers, but it brings more people in.