1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Gather - Matchmaking on IRC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmewett5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Needs some regulation or a reset button so it doesn't kill itself when too many command it to do stuff. Been without the bot for ~3 hours now.

killatron46 likes this.
  2. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

Hay I got mIRC and Can't find the sever (#kag.gather) Is it because I got mIRC or I got the trial one?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :heart: KAG Gather!

3. You need to choose appropiate network and connect to it, then you should be able to join our channel. For #kag.gather and other #kag related channels the network is Quakenet. I highly recommend reading this tutorial - https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/irc-channel.372/

4. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

Okay thx (Wow that was fast didn't see you where online o.o)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ KAG Gather :heart:
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2013 1:04 PM ---</br>
    Thx for help It worked I am now on the IRC #kag.gather :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kag Gather :heart:

5. tmewett5

tmewett5 Shark Slayer

Just wanted to say thanks from Kalikst and me for all your support and feedback :)
    Gather seems to have been a phenomenal success and I expect it will grow further thanks to help from our community.

Kalikst, Naliz and Bint like this.
  6. Hello!
    I just came here to announce that we have finally managed to make our own website - http://gather.kag2d.nl - hosted by [user]Downburst[/user] and made by [user]ilaks[/user]. There hasn't been much traffic on KAG Gather lately but I guess I understand it - you're all excited about upcoming beta release and may be somehow bored with classic KAG. Anyway, I hope to see you more often here, because you do know it's great fun playing gather matches and follow our website, post your comments under news and give us feedback on it on our social page. By now the site includes webchat function that will lead your strictly to our channel and direct links to the rules and guide of KAG Gather.

I'd like also to mention that our lovely bot developer - [user]splittingred[/user] - is working on 2.0 version of gather bot! He has already implemented some upgrades. And that's why I'm mentioning it here. As you may or may not notice to enforce punishment system for people who flood bot and don't show up for matches we started requiring Quakenet AUTH to join gather. Nothing complicated - our guide includes tips on how to manage to make your own Quakenet account. Please, don't be discouraged by it, it's all for your own good and to improve your gaming experience!

Stay tunned and see you on KAG Gather!

Bint, ilaks and SpideY like this.
  7. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

Unfortunately using IRC bot is complicated for many users. The adding to queue using website is much easier for people. You can authenticate them via SSO and notify them about match starting by using SSE(Server Sent Events http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-sent_events)

8. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

We're actually thinking of using the SSO instead of the current auth system.
    Other than that, I don't see how using the IRC Bot would be complicated. All you do is type !add and wait for further instructions.

9. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

First they need register quakenet account, then they must authenticate himself and finally type !add. For people who not using IRC all time it's complicated.

10. I don't see how current system is complicated. Making an account on Quakenet takes literally 5 minutes. You just change your nick, then type send command /msg Q hello, you get password on e-mail immediately, you login and you're ready to go. It's just to scare off retards and enforce punishment for people who break gather rules.

11. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

One gather match per day... it's just statistics. People who unfamiliar with IRC think that it's so complicated. And it is very hard to get they in. Most people don't want typing commands, but they want click the buttons. And you will still able to punish people who break the rules.

LucasTT likes this.
  12. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Cpa3y, you cannot have a pool of gather players in some weeks lol. It takes some months. It was the same case for the soldat gather. People will learn how to use irc, dont worry.

Or maybe its hopeless to learn new things nowadays?

13. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I agree with SpideY. It would be better if the gather pool takes longer to develop if it had quality. If people don't know how to use the IRC, just ask. It is an IRC after all...

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Guess I might try this tonight after class. Yall keep ranting and raving about it.

15. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

Hey, really nice site you got there. One question I have though....

Why is ARENA OPEN SPRING advertised at the top? Isn't it already done?

16. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

nope

17. killatron46

What part of my post are you "nope"ing too?

18. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

19. killatron46

wut?

20. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester