1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG in the News! Coverage / Reviews / Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirSalami, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Because ace of spades (while fun) is completely 1 dimensional now in fact. Run forward and shoot people. KAG can get 1 dimensional but there's so many different things you can do in game, it's just downright better. I suppose he's appealing to all the "durdur shooters r fun" mindless people like that.

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Man, AoS isn't even WWII. Ben's said multiple time's the inspiration was Vietnam. I must sound like a broken record whenever this comes up but I miss when it was more like WW1 :(

Also, he says KAG looks exactly like Terraria. Poor Geti, KAG's much prettier than Terraria imho.

Epic Inventor looks like one to watch too.

He didn't mention Voxeltron or that one where its MC like except with the blocks. Or Love, which is basically an artsier older version of AoS, or the Atomange Engine which is basically Minecraft from the year 2025.

Let's not even get started on survival based roguelikes with crafting, either.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Voxeltron is definitely one to watch.

That said Terraira has no art direction what so ever compared to KAG. Terraria is much less fun and worth for your $$$ IMO.

4. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

That was me. It didn't get many thumbs, but still, I attempt to spread the game when I can. I got really giddy when I saw that you mentioned it here, so that makes me feel it was worth doing xD

BlueLuigi and SirSalami like this.
  5. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yay! Party!

All the other games look quite awesome too, looking them up now :D

7. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

A great game getting more publicity, fantastic.

8. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Great topic, thanks for this. Keep it updated!

Valkyrie likes this.
  9. SirSalami

Will do captain! *Salute*

Here's another very small blurb about the game. I think it's just a cut & paste job comparing KAG to terraria, but hey there's no bad publicity right? ;)
    http://arolemodel.com/2012/01/09/games-similar-to-terraria/

10. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I've heard KAG has been buzzing on 4chan recently. That's most likely the reason for the sudden influx of inexperienced players.

11. SirSalami

Kagesha likes this.
  12. stinkytaco

stinkytaco Shipwright

It would be neat if Rock paper shotgun did a story. They did one story for ace of spades, and they got a huge surge in players.

Slashdot is a good place too, They really like anything Linux, so you guys have a real advantage there.

I dont have memberships to either place, but you guys might have access to post there.

13. Noburu

If it manages to get on slashdot, expect the game to be dissected and ripped to tiny tiny shreds though.

14. Alkaine

Alkaine Horde Gibber

AFAIK RPS did an article on KAG around June 1st. They are known for posting many articles about games if they change significantly (which I believe KAG has since then - but I jsut arrived here, what do I know-). Thing is how to bring it to their attention. Perhaps is someone is a member of their community it can be done.

EDIT: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/01/the-sword-in-the-stone-king-arthurs-gold/

15. SirSalami

16. SirSalami

17. Noburu

Why does everything have to be compared to minecraft now? Minecraft is overrated at this point and most of those games are shit. Just because it involves blocks everything is like minecraft, like it was the first game to ever use blocks. Ive gotten much more fun out of KAG than minecraft, probably because KAG has an actual defined goal of kill the other noobs and steal their flag.

I guess as they say, any press is good press though.

EDIT: Also I didnt mean this towards Salami. Good job on posting all the KAG coverage for us.

Neat likes this.
  18. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

After reading this I didn't find a reference to the Australian Gaming show GoodGame Spawn Point, which caused the largest surge of Aussie players and also brought me to Kag.

Video Here.

19. Maybe because this thread was created a week after the surge of Aussie players and he only mentioned things that occured AFTER the post was created.

20. Alkaine

Alkaine Horde Gibber

• Off Topic
    Any of you guys remember Clonk?