1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG in the News! Coverage / Reviews / Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirSalami, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

How did you find that? Missed the link.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I know this is gonna be NECROPOSTLOL, but some of these reviews are unbelievable...

Like that TechZwn review on Page 3, one of the downsides that affected their review was, "Some teammates seem to be on their own agenda, and refuse to work with others." How is that the game's fault? Just because a couple of players feel like Minecrafting, it's a detriment of the game itself? Never ceases to amaze me the slop that the internet calls "reviews" and "reviewers" considering how shit this one is.

Noburu and Beef like this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yep its no different than a rogue teammate in any other online game. Just because it is a TEAM game doesnt mean that everyone WILL play it that way.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't really see what the problem is. The game community is a big part of the gaming experience, so really wouldn't you want people to talk about that if they're reviewing a game you want to hear more about? I mean it isn't the game's fault but is a major part of the experience and as we all know it is a valid criticism.

Ej likes this.
  5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think Bone meant more that they counted it as a slight against the game. Sure talk about community but you cant really be fully responsible for the community as well.

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

game journalism, lol

GloriousToast, thebonesauce and Ej like this.
  7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

That's what I meant. The fact that they gave it a 4.5/5 and actually said what I quoted as the only dislike blows my mind.

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Reviewers only give their games MAYBE a few hours so I'd say you're lucky.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

10. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Commenting to keep up with the news that doesn't make the dev blog

Beepo likes this.
  11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

GoodGame was what brought my brother to KAG, then I started it.

12. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

14. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Very good review and perfect for a new player.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 30, 2013 5:55 PM ---</br>
    Also it isn't going to cost $25.00 at the full version; that is old information. Now the game is going on Steam it will be cheaper.

15. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So your saying it's not side scrolling like terraria nor similar in any shape, form, or matter?

Doesn't matter which is older, I'm just referring to another game that people may heard about. It provides the reader a better idea of what KAG feels like.

HardPenguin, Bint and VanHuek like this.
  16. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

17. Call me a downer but boosting reviews of a game that you actively play and are devoted to is IMO one of the most biased things you could do.
    Reviews are aimed for people that are unfamiliar with the game and are seeking for a new gaming experience/new fun game, not for playing the same thing for next 2 years.
    Also the fact that your reviews are 10's, when neither Classic nor Scripting are close even to 9 (maybe not even 8, tbh). Yes, KAG is very solid, it's a fine game but rating it as high as you would rate, let's say, Arkham Asylum or Portal 2 makes you look like all those fastnicks created by EA and Activion just to elevate metascore of diamonds like MoH: Warfighter.

inb4 ej is a dick

Noburu, Contrary and Beef like this.
  18. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

ej is a di-

Nah, I do agree. Although, I don't think anyone will look for the game on Metacritic. I found Hella's review to be quite good.

Contrary and Beef like this.
  19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah while a lot of what Ej said I think that we can still give our opinion of the game, but with full disclosure of our association with the game and with acknowledgement of its flaws. In fact I think a full, honest review can possibly be more compelling than thin "best game ever" spam.

But still, good initiative bringing that up Spidey.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  20. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

You're a dick but your paragraph makes sense.

Beef, FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.