1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag Mafia II - A Fool's Venture: Town Victory

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by Tiruin, Apr 4, 2014.

1. my trust ratings from highest to lowest:
    1. UnnamedPlayer - confirmed by report
    2. Sir_Walter
    3. Stevedog
    4. Apronymous
    5. Hella
    6. Vampire - might be just very bad at the game
    7. Superblackcat
    8. Ej
    as for hella's hypo failur - i already doubted he is a cop, because his hypo said ej is inno. but there is a slim chance he is in fact a cop and might be voting to lynch ej just to fool mafia to think he is not a cop. after all its just 1 vote and we already have 4 NLs. but that seems too cunning for hella. no offence :P

also i would like to remind Vampire to post a real cop hypo, however futile it is (im sure he is not a cop).
    also everyone post your jailer hypos, or say why we shouldnt do it

2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Jailer hypo doesn't add any new info to town. If either me or you were jailed, that means that:
    A) said person is inno, everyone already knew that, now maf can discard a couple people as jailer candidates, kill jailer, then kill the inno.
    B) said person is running an incredibly complex plan to fool town, drawing the spotlight to himself and then NKing, making itself look like a jailer save.

Doesn't make said person any more innocent, and gives more info to mafia. Bad idea IMO

3. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

However, if neither Cop or Jailer outs. We still have no evidence...

And there is quite a few ways to approach the cop problem. (of course, this goes into massive amounts of wifom). If two cops claim, kill one, then the other if the first cop is not mafia.

If only 1 claims, wait until tomorrow to kill if he is not dead. If he is dead, take his reports as true... since you would've found out he is cop. Tomorrow, if jailer has a different person than the cop, jailer outs.

Quite sorry for my incredibly bad reasoning, I've had quite a bit of schoolwork, and my time on the forums is usually about 4 in the morning after writing a few essays.

4. UnnamedPlayer

Yes, but why Ej over anyone else? Lynching at this point remains a bad idea, but I'm curious why you seem to be pushing on Ej, instead of Sir_Walter, for example.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2014 ---
    Superbadcat, what if mafia don't CC and just kill cop. If jailer saves cop everynight, mafia will just accumulate reports until it finds and kill jailer, and then it can kill the jailer, and then the cop. That is, assuming we have a cop.

Now, now Hella, switching targets from Ej to a weaker prey? Scummy much?
    How do you feel about a Stevedog lynch tomorrow?

5. Superblackcat

Then We take his report, and have a clear. Then, if the jailor has a different person that he protected, he outs too. That way we have a lot of information. On 3-4 people actually.

(Cop, Jailor, Cop check, Jailor jail, and stupid mafia?)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2014 ---
    @Hella Could you give us reasons for you accusations clearly stated? I'm much to tired to try to understand what you are implying.

6. we will get cop, cop check and jailer eventually no matter what

7. UnnamedPlayer

:up: This.

Why should we out atm when we can have less people to lynch from/more reports the next day or two? Why are you only now opposing an strategy that I discussed w/ you prior gamestart?
    Questions to SBC btw

8. Superblackcat

We could push this back a day, except that we lose our ML. That's my logic for getting the information today. So we can make a semi educated lynch, and see what happens.

Also with the attitudes, the scum could figure out who the power roles are already, and they may die tonight.

"we will get cop, cop check and jailer eventually no matter what" You have no idea how much that sounds like scum. :P But we might not. if they don't out before they die, we don't know what they checked.
    Fuck me, it's 9 people. Ignore what I said, Don't Out. Lol.

9. a few words about hypos - remember that we do it so the mafia doesnt kill the real cop right away. thats why the fake reports must be as believable as possible. they already know that vampire and sbc arent cops, because their reports were retarded or wrong (respectively). and if ej is maf then they also know that hella and apro arent cops either which would leave only 3 possible candidates. that means the cop will be dead sooner than later.

so try and post very probable reports. its best to post inno on
    we have fucking reports right there. you posted one yourself
    get more sleep

10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Firstly, I'm not switching my vote to SBC yet, no matter how weak his case may appear to be. Currently, my vote is on Ej, and I now realise that anything I say will basically make me look scummy as fuck. Euch.

Anyways, Norill 'jailed' Ej, and there was no kill. I 'jailed' Ej too. My suspicion is on Ej, for other general reasons too, mostly hunch-wise.

Also, Unnamed, I have no real yea/nay for Stevedog. He hasn't talked enough for me to judge him, but, because you clearly suspect me to a decent degree, whatever I do say about him could have the effect of only making you more suspicious of him.

Basically, I've talked myself into a corner already. Day 2 is a new personal best for me to do this, I think.

11. UnnamedPlayer

@Hella on day 1 you pushed on Walter, and even followed the bandwagon. But now you're lynching Ej, who have done little other than tunneling walter.
    They would be the most unlikely mafia partners atm, does voting Ej means that you now thinks Walter is innocent?

We are not lynching anyone today anyway. I'd like to see what Ej and the other people discussed above have to say about all this.

12. what if norill is maf? are you?

13. that would be instant maf win, no matter what you do, so there is no point even considering that. just pray im not :P

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I never felt that Walter was either innocent or guilty yesterday, it was simply me following the bandwagon. No subtle motives, just a sweet little bandwagon.

If you insist on not lynching today, then my current vote won't matter anyway.

In fact, fuck it, I'm abandoning all semblance of tact: I'm the jail keeper. If I don't reveal that now, then I look guilty as sin. I jailed Ej last night, no-one died. It's close enough to a 50/50 chance of a successful lynch if we went for him that I thought it was worthwhile. I'm sorry that doing that puts all the suspicion ever onto my shoulders.

Does anyone want to counterclaim as jail keeper?

15. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

that's the point, bandwagoning is scummy.

16. getting interesting
    there is no way anyone is going to counterclaim that hella. maf has no benefit in CCing. they will simply kill you. consider yourself very dead

17. holy fuck thats a lot of text to catch up lol
    also might be that stevedog is simply a sleeper (wouldnt be surprised considering his general quickwitness) and in fact might be mafia

18. UnnamedPlayer

Did not saw that coming. In that case:
    vote extend
    we need time to make sure we get a good lynch going, and today is about to end according to Tiruin counter thing, so can we rush an extension here?
    vote Ej

Another thing, I doubt Ej was clever enough to throw his maf partner under the bus just on D1, just to make the other look innocent. Following that reasoning, I now think that Sir_Walter is inno, which leaves the remaining maf among SuperBlackCat, Stevedog, and maybe (just maybe) Vampire.

19. vote extend
    while i agree that ej is most likely to be maf, i dont see why should we lynch him now. jailer will die anyway tonight, so we wont benefit from "only one maf => blocking him means guaranteed no NK", because there will be no one to block

20. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yes, but one dead maf is better than no dead mafs. Or are you saying that in order to lynch the maf, jailer has to out? Or has jailer already outed and I missed it?

Also, the people I suspect are: Ej, SBC, mmmaybe Steve (but he might just be busy/be lazy/have nothing to contribute)

Vote Extend