1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Mafia - Mafia Victory

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by Tiruin, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Being honest, lynching D1 is p. risky, in case we get a townie. If I did, it would be to get rid of player that think in a similar manner to myself, or a policy on noavis.

2. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Lynching day 1 is not risky, it's how you win the game.

Vote Hella

Trying to look super town by being like "No townies dead that's not good"

3. it was meant to be a joke initially, since i didn't like he used flavour text to prove he is town. i know its not a fake, since i got the same message. hella proved he received the message too. so i dont understand why banakal1 backfired at hella, when he knew hella is townie too. maybe he is just bad at the game. if i had to lynch someone now i would pick someone inactive. but there is still time and maybe we well get some clues from the discussion

4. Hella

Technically, brutally executing the Mafia is how you win the game.

Statistically, lynching D1 is more likely to kill a townie than scum, unless you're super lucky, because you have little or no evidence against anyone at that time. In any case, we have started with a day, rather than a night, as is normally the case; if night had gone first, then lynching would carry less of a luck based prize, due to reports and such.

5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

That message is on the OP since before the game started, anyone town or maf, could've copied it from there and used it.

That said, I'm getting a town read from banaka (I don't think he have the wits to pull off that move as a maf) and would rather spend this lynch on someone who is inactive.

6. damn, that lowers my trust ratings for both of them to default value. and also lowers trust rating for BanakaI1 even further because of his backfire

7. Hella

I'm suprised you even trust me at default value in the first place.

8. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Hi I've played 7+ games on mafiascum (And those have 2 week long days and take several months to complete)
    along with countless games on another site with friends from another game and your all questioning my mafia abilities.

Lynching day 1 IS GOOD. Your supposed to get reads off of someone during the day, from the tone of the posts, activity, general helpfulness, and other stuff like gambits. not just play follow-the-cop.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2014 ---
    Oh and I've also gone to a camp where we played it pretty much every day for a week.

9. so you are saying that you are good at the game? considering mafia's interest is to eliminate good townies, because they pose biggest threat, it leads us to a conclusion that either you are bad at the game for basically pinning a shooting target to your back or you are not afraid of being killed by mafia. the second option would mean that you are mafia or reckless vanilla townie

btw @Tiruin, what setup was used? the op lists 3 possible setups, but i couldnt find which one was chosen

10. Hella

Hehe. That's the best kind of camp.

11. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

So would you rather a good townie got killed or the cop (If there is one)?

Cops are useful, just don't rely on them.

12. when i played with my friends, after the initial voting was done the person chosen had a last chance to convince others to change their votes. this was a pretty good rule, as it allowed the following epic scenario: i was the cop, ive found 1 mafia, but was chosen to be lynched. in my last words i confessed that im cop and i know 1 mafia. i told rest to lynch him and if he turns out innocent - let them lynch me next day. i also told priest/whore to protect me. and this was enough to convince them. whats more, mafia attempted to kill me on the following night and was stopped by whore, so we dealt swiftly with the last remaining mafia on the next day
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2014 ---
    i forgot that point i was trying to make with that digression, but it doesn't matter, because the story was awesome
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2014 ---
    what*

13. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Norill, She doesn't tell you which setup it is. It makes the game harder!

UnnamedPlayer, you asshole... DUN KILL YOUR FRIEND.

I'd personally kill Banakal1 to add to the wifom.

Norill, Hella, Banakal1. Why didn't you answer UnnamedPlayers question?

14. Because I told nobody except the spoiled spectators, and if I have any word that people are transgressing the rules, which should be read in the OP twice for good measure, then... :I

Votecount coming in 6 hours or so. I had forgotten to put a note regarding night-start stuff and how the votes proceed--what I know is that its fully clarified and detailed in the OP (not that anyone bothered to ask in PMs anyways.)

15. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

What is unamed players questions?

16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Lrn2read banaka

17. April 5, Wednesday; 3:24 pm
    Silence abounds. The hours haven't been kindly and my mind is set to writing and literature. Quite calming. Settles the thoughts. I haven't heard much from the crew lately, though I also wonder why I hear from them at all-indirectly. There must be some aural characteristic to the wood the deck is made from.

==+=++=+==​

Vote standings:

- 0 Superblackcat:
    - 0 SentinelTank:
    - 0 Verrazano:
    - 1 Banakal1: Hella,
    - 0 UnnamedPlayer:
    - 0 norill:
    - 1 Hella: Banakal1
    - 0 Stevedog:
    - 0 Gurin:
    Not Voting: Superblackcat, SentinelTank, Verrazano, UnnamedPlayer, Stevedog, Gurin, norill

Day 1 has begun and will end at February 14, 2013 [Friday] 9:00 pm [GMT/UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
    Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
    5 votes needed to shorten the day
    ==+=++=+==​
    SentinelTank, Verrazano, Stevedog and Gurin have received prods. :I

18. I would try to find out who has a power role, and if i couldn't find out, i would kill most skilled and threatening player, which would probably be Banakal1

19. Exactly what i would do.

20. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Well I'd probbably just kill someone random because I don't know anyone's playstyle.