1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Mafia - Mafia Victory

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by Tiruin, Feb 2, 2014.

1. I'm too suspicious of Gurin, and he seems to be a mafia more than anyone else, so I Vote Gurin as well.

2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

If last mafia is inactive, and Gurin is inactive...

I vote Gurin too

3. The four sailors soon found themselves at the general area of the crew. Gathered in front of them were about 40 people, around a makeshift table where three men sat, the rest of the crew were focused on their words.
    "So what's up?" Senti said.
    "Deliberations." replied Verra. "Sans the nightwatchmen given this hour, the Captain has entrusted us to find the last perpetrator ourselves, and a thorough search of each one's belongings didn't help."
    "And when she said us, she meant all bloody one of us? Even that fish?"
    "Yes, even the fish. He's unarmed and we all lack weapons nearby--we can easily overpower him here."

==+=+==​
    Vote standings:

- 0 UnnamedPlayer:
    - 0 norill:
    - 0 Stevedog:
    - 3 Gurin: norill, Stevedog, UnnamedPlayer
    Not Voting (1) : Gurin

Day 4 has begun and will end at March 7, 2013 [Friday] 9:0-. . .

Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to shorten the day

==+=+==​
    Do note that I'm not ignoring the
    rule due to...this sort of activity and that this is a first-game on this forum.

Yeah, the whole extend thing? Just me playing around, simulating a regular game given that this was taken wholeheartedly from a Beginner's Mafia draft. Mwahaha! ::D:

Unless anyone feels otherwise?

4. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

couldn't the last remaining mafia just change his/her vote to prolong the day? Granted it will be a definite scumtell but what will the townies do about it?

5. That is up for debate for the players, I have to say; the rule mentioned is predominantly neutral despite any first impressions--we've discussed that in depth in the B12 Mafia board. ::):
    ~~~
    If the game is in a LYLO [Lynch or Lose] or MYLO [Mislynch or Lose] situation, there will be no formal deadline. >50% Players must vote to end the day, or votes must not change for 24-hours. Votes to end the day may, at the voter's option, be contingent on the lynching of the player being voted on, and will be considered null should a different player gain the majority vote.
    ~~~
    Do note: If the mafia did outnumber or equal the town players in this context: They'd win, already.
    Rawr! :bison:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2014 ---
    Do I have to send prods to you all again...
    Despite everyone being active? >_>

If you lack anything to say, then talk about it, please.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  6. Shouldn't the day be ended now?

7. ...No. Nobody voted to end the day. They just voted.

And by that, yes-I mean by it ended during that exact time, however the vote counter? The 24 hour thing?

...It's like a counter-argument for this 'be active' note. Given that we've got a grand total of less than 10 posts for a whole day?
    Not a good example to follow. It was worded in the way that, despite any such argument, there would still be debate.

I see nothing.

Edit: Though, y'know, it's mostly my fault for not clarifying that rule.

8. everyone active voted, gurin is MIA. i have nothing else to say. lets end this

9. Ahhh. I mistook that gesture as just voting them. When you say active--you mean active in thread.
    Apologies! :oops:

10. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Since this is ending in a jiffy, in for the obligatory next game.

11. "This is an outrage," Steve said, "I'm the bloody bosun here and you never found anything? Norill, news."
    "Not a jiff, sir." norill replied, "As the watchstander, I checked all possessions and found nothing out of place in any of the crewmen."
    "The corners?"
    "Aye, them too. Especially under the floorboards."
    "You can't move the floorboards. Nothing? Nothing at all? Surely they'd have left a note. Anything!"
    "Back to my point, sir. While I haven't found any physical evidence--what is the status of our prisoners."
    "We're right here, norill." Senti spoke, clasping Tom's shoulder with a deathgrip. "And we ain't going anywhere unless this quid is fixed."
    "Very well, stay. Norill, continue."

The watchkeeper motioned towards the nearest man in the crowd, "He's my trusted buddy. Can't speak, doesn't talk. Didn't even flinch or react when I accidentally hammered his hand--anyway, he has the knack of intuition. Gets things right. If we can't find this straight, we cast our dice to the Sea Mother. He's the knack of intuition, we cast our dice on him."

The person was a man of lean proportions, nothing out of the ordinary, but with a cultured and educated look on his face. He nodded, then looked at the prisoners, pointing at 'Superblackcat', the pseudonym of Tom A. Cat.

"The thief? Mhrr. Speak up. Discard the pleasantries. Tell us what you know." Steve said. The salty dog spent much of his years among the waves, and knew how to conduct diplomacy among such a rowdy crew--especially in the circumstance that the rowdy crew were a bunch of desperates in a government with an iron grip on information and free speaking.
    "Sir, but-"
    "Let him speak. We'll listen."

"This whole deal, is a lie." Tom said, holding out his hands as if explaining plainly, "I am an agent against the government, and of no malice towards you all. The list that the Captain holds--that paper--is written in a way which dictates who else is on the ship, minus me, of course. That and nothing more. As for this 'mutiny', it was a rumor spread by me and to the rest of you to fortell who had their morals about them."

"That does not explain anything, bloodfish!"
    "Senti." Verra said, chastizing his friend, "Then can you explain about our source of food? We are not authorized to check on the supplies-the nightwatchmen are in charge of that, and even then, only their leader has word of distribution."

"Consider that part of the deal--Gurin is in full fault of that."
    All eyes turned to the man, slightly asleep as he stood. He was a bear of a man, clean shaven other than a bushy 'stache and fully bald.
    "He is your leading watch, no? Guess where his keys are."
    "Do not wake him! Norill, report."
    "I-I ha-they were not in his possessions. But it surely should be on his person-"
    A familiar jingling sound came from Tom's wrist. He was grinning.
    Steve banged the table in front of him and stood. "You had our food stores in your hands! Why did you say nothing about it?"
    "I speak by my actions. For a bloodfish, I reek of no ill, nor do I thirst for man's flesh. Have any of you sported disease or palor? Sickness or foul taste? No? Then you can tell of my intent."
    "You stole it from him!"
    "...It nearly fell of the ship. It was placed idly by the edge, tied only by a rope. Who would tie a rope to a chain, I wouldn't know."

Verra tapped Senti to release his grip. "I don't doubt him. Of all intents and purposes, we could all be easily killed despite my cooking methods. For all he said, I believe him."

"As would I."

The sailors looked at the source of the new voice. The Captain ensured her steps were heard as she descended the stairs.
    "Your words are hollow, yet they make sense. In the letter you marked were the coordinates of a supply shipment, set perpendicular to our course. It is a slaver ship. The names mentioned are marked with a target, and the target gives off a beacon. We were being followed, but not by the governance.

"Verra, return to your post--all of you, return to your posts. When the attack arrives, we should be ready. Senti, you are excused. Thief, come with me." The Captain turned towards Gurin, who seemed oddly still sleeping. "Throw the oaf overboard. That is an order. Such paltry behavior has no place on any decent ship."

==+=+==​
    Vote standings:

- 0 UnnamedPlayer:
    - 0 norill:
    - 0 Stevedog:
    - 3 Gurin: norill, Stevedog, UnnamedPlayer
    Not Voting (1) : Gurin

Day 4 has ended.

Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to shorten the day

==+=+==
    Gurin has been lynched, he was the Town Jailkeeper

==+=+==
    The expedition carries on as planned, with morale high and the men and women cheerful that they didn't have to go against their morals with the concept of mutiny placated, they were happy that there were bigger dangers ahead. The few who knew tactics, strategy and weapon-handling taught it to the rest, improvising with what little they had. At the time of the 'ambush', the crew had poised the Thief to act as bait, aided by the Captain's affinity with the fields of magic, luring the slaver ship in. From a distance, and even up close, it could be easily mistaken for a merchant vessel: with two wide decks and a broad length--the ship was nearly twice the size of the Intrepid.

The ensuing talk between the captains was quick. Josephine lured the speaker into a false sense of illusion, only now noticing the falseness in his words--the slaver captain spoke with a monotonous droll which hid his intent. As his men boarded her ship for 'trade' of goods for their technology, the crew attacked them. The battle was fierce, quick and bloodless. What weapons the crew used were made to disarm and wound more than kill, and with his men at her mercy, she demanded to know the truth regarding the whole matter, pointing as a guide towards the lower deck--what weapons the Intrepid had were readied and aimed at the opposing ship, unsabotaged and ready to strike.

The slaver took long to assess the situation, and asked for a peaceful parting of ways, with the 'promised' trade fulfilled: food and water for their crew, and rather in exchange, the life of the "thief". It was readily agreed that none would speak of this meeting, and the expedition continued on.

The Expedition, is a success. However only few would notice after the first landing that there was one man too many. The list of sailors on the ship had one extra-a lie placed by the sneaky Tomcat. It was the unnamed man who had no distinction. The trick of poisoning the only one who would be blamed was a masterpiece, and such methods of trickery would follow in the months to come.

The settlement would face hard times ahead.

==+=+==​

The Mafia: Superblackcat and UnnamedPlayer have won. Congratulations.
    Cop [Verra]:
    N1: Inspects Hella; Town
    *Dies

Jailkeeper [Gurin]:
    *Did not act in the entirety of the game*

MafiaTeam [UnnamedPlayer//Superblackcat]
    N1: Kill SentinelTank
    N2: Kill Hella
    N3: Inspect norill

The assorted flavor per powerrole is mentioned, for the Mafia team, as the Day start event.
    The Captain barges into the quarters, and you find yourself slumped against your bed-wary and tired of last night's labors. While she wasn't a harsh taskmaster as most, her work brings you peace and joy-though at the cost of your constitution, as always.

As you see another mutineer being brought away, you recall your recent talk with Hella during your second supper. Both of you had stole away to view the sea as the Intrepid rode along the waves. The stars he recalled made wonderful night, and he told tales of how they made his life and duty worth living, being one of the nightwatchmen of the ship. You see this as the perfect time to offer him one of your 'custom' drinks.

You both drink to your hearts' delight, and share your stories freely-yet with enough discernment that you keep it from prying ears-and discover his motives and intent to be much like yours, though more benevolent than most given his background.

The memory vanishes as the Captain orders out her plan of the day. You return to your work, with a smile at the back of your thoughts.

Hella is Town.

Deadchat
    Scumchat
    The rest of the scumchat before Quicktopic
    I wish to forward that scum-talk must not be done in conversations. However I am unused to this forum's style of giving out messages and all--am unsure if anyone else can view that conversation link I posted there (and no, a quicktopic location CAN NOT be searched, or hacked or whatever.)

==+=+==

12. UnnamedPlayer

[​IMG]

13. lol gg
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2014 ---
    i will only say our power roles deserved to be lynched

14. While part of me agrees, y'all would really love to discuss things more than 'OMG HE DID WUT KILL KILL KILL'.
    So reactionary.
    So crude.
    Wow. :chicken:

Edit: Oh, and if nobody noticed-I hesitated to Modkill Banakal for his...action back then just to preserve the suspense of the situation.
    If anyone is to try stupidity such an honorless and cheap act as that in future--if such interest can still be found on these--games...
    Why yes, I'm in a grumpy mood.

15. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I'm crazy enough to try a lynch on you, Unnamed? ;-;

16. UnnamedPlayer

Oh dear god yes, of course you are. I mean, you almost killed the captain in your journey to acquire power and rule the world ship.

Plus Verra was visibly buddying with you, and asking you to help him, which made pretty obvious to me that he knew you were innocent.
    If anyone pointed that out, you could easily lead town into madness victory.

17. So I've seen a few still interested in this...
    Post-game list, please answer:
    1. Would you like to see more KAG Mafia games?

2. Is the way the KAG Forum conversations are set up, fallible? Other than copy-pasting and sharing the conversation link to everyone else, does it function perfectly like Quicktopic? (Unsearcheable by search engines/Restricted viewers/Privacy)?

3. Any problems with the game, as it is?

18. 1. yes
    2. conversations are private, sharing a link doesnt work. you can copypasta/screenshot but those can be counterfeited
    3. inactivity kills the game so it should be punished. and make sign ups require more than just a post

19. @2: So the link to the 'conversation' scumchat doesn't work? I was never told that.
    Told you, Unnamed. :I
    @3: Why more than just a post? People just In'd, and by their own honor should uphold it rather than just slack off as they're a player.

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

1. Yes.
    2. By default, only the conversation starter can invite others to the conversation.
    3. People need to make more conversation. On Norill's point, everyone is an asshole. Don't expect them to be honourable too.