1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video KAG Movies, Comedy Sketch team

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by IamUndeadNub, Sep 26, 2012.

1. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Original music is best music.

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hey so any news on this? I posted an application but haven't gotten an answer.

3. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Nub's being a slacker. I would love to be co-leader, if he decides on taking extended leaves of absence. Or at least leader of the writing team.

Kinpump likes this.
  4. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Sadly yea.. Nub's not showing up alot. We all have real lifes and such i guess just next time hes on we'll have to discuss this so we can get this project along with. :(

5. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Yep true to what GreenRock said.

Nub has been away for some time now and he hasn't really organized or written anything yet,
    so we might decide to continue without waiting for his arrival.
    No offense Nub, we just want to bring process to this great idea of yours!

So I vote GreenRock for Co-Leader, since he organized and started the first script.

6. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Sorry, but I can't be part of this project anymore. I went in with the hope to at least have some time over for recording/rendering stuff, but it is now apparent that I just don't have any room to schedule stuff.

Best of luck. If anyone have any questions involving recording, feel free to ask, I would love to help.

7. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Are you using fraps?

8. WanderMark

Yes, I am using fraps. If you record using full size it will record whatever resolution you are running the game in. If you are recording using only half size it will lock at a 640x360 resolution.

Now, the resolution for the standard youtube player is exactly 640x360, a 16:9 aspect ratio, many details will however be left out. I would recommend recording the game full size at a 1280x720 resolution. This will give you a clear 16:9 aspect ratio, nothing too excessive for this particular game.

Keep it in mind, that you will need a good program to edit and compress the raw footage. Fraps does not compress on the go, unlike many other programs, this makes it less heavy to run and keeps a lot of detail. It will create a new file at every 10gb of footage so that it wont become to unstable to work with.

Edit: I should mention that youtube only plays their videos in a 16:9 format. If the footage you upload has an aspect ratio of 4:3; for example a video with the resolution of 800x600. Then youtube will add black bars on the sides of the video to force it to become the proper aspect ratio, this is called pillar boxing.

9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

What program did you use for compression?

10. WanderMark

A free program called Virtual Dub. Through it I ran the equally as free encoder x264. I think the largest file I ever had was several hundred gigabytes. It was gameplay footage of the game Shogun 2. After it had been compressed the finished video was only around 700-900mb.

Normally the KAG videos I made ended up around 200-700mb, depending on the length and effects in the video. I think that is pretty good.

Edit: I just want to clear out that I am no expert on the matter. I only know what works, not why it works. For the most part.

11. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Well you certainly kicked us in the right direction. Thanks for the advice.

12. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

We're going to get our own unique intro?? Woopee! And here I was thinking we'd have to use some generic windows movie maker title animation.

13. Cerbercre

Oh great, This'll be epic. :) Can't wait to watch it.

14. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

It's a little bland... we can add some sound to it, and I'm sure it will spice it up.

EDIT:
    I was honestly expecting a montage of castle destroying, some fitting music, "KAG" slamming onto the screen causing camera shake, the letters glisten, and then it fades to black.

15. Cerbercre

I just showed him a song. We'll see if it can be used. If he wants to use it it'll spice ti up amazingly.

16. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

ಠ_ಠ

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Will you be using the same characters? That would be awesome, you could start a story. :) Like Red VS Blue.

18. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Well I think it's very short.
    I can't imagine any piece of music fitting into 3 seconds without sounding totally cut off on both ends.

In my opinion it could last alteast 10 seconds.

I also like greenrocks idea. It's actually possible to make and probably much more engaging.

The short intro Nub made feels more like a interlude.

19. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

GreenRock, I think you're expectations were TOO high ^^

20. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Or, perhaps the intro is just sub-standard.