1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG now has unplayable FPS

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jul 2, 2013.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I have Windows 7, 64 bit. After the last windows update, which included a display driver update (ATI Radeon 4850) and multiple .NET updates, KAG launches to an incredibly laggy main menu (15 fps) and an even laggier game. One notable difference between how it used to look is that the cursor is an ugly deformed mess, like something scaled by a few pixels in MSPaint. I used to be able to play it just fine. Between the time when it worked and now, I had made no changes to the settings, but this issue exists whether I am in fullscreen or in windowed mode. In the main menu at least, lag scales exactly with the window size, so it must have to do with rendering slowdown. Any idea what's causing this?

[​IMG]

2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Downgrade your driver if you can. Drivers updates aren't always good. I had a driver update on my computer that made KAG unbearable to play, 1 FPS. After installing my old previous driver version, the problem was solved.

Awesomer likes this.
  3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Well, I just reinstalled the drivers and it's fixed. Bunch of other games weren't detecting my card as well. That's the first and last time I update my drivers through windows update.

4. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Well, next time, I think you should stop the update from installing. To do this open up windows updates, then the available updates list, and right click on the driver update. Press "hide update" and it will not update whatever you selected anymore.