1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Tournament

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Carver, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

well i am there just tell me and i am on the 1v1 and you can tast my skill if you want just tell me when

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think the idea is that we schedule each match individually. Depending on the number of teams we might do different formats as well.

3. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

My sword and hammer are available for hire. I live on the west coast if it matters. Exactly how will we know when the battles will take place?

4. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey there everybody!
    So, thinking in the planning phase, I'm still confused as to what everybody thinks THESE elements should be:
    • Players: Anywhere from 3-6? Contrary, you seemed to have started the 3-man trend, heh. On the other hand, 3 people feels a bit restrictive...
    • Game Type: General consensus seems to be RCTF per Geti. Sounds like the best choice, but I'm not sure if we'd be doing this game mode with or without builders. I personally want all classes. Also, if it's Rapid, we'd need to do a "Best of X" format, I'd say 5.
    • Tournament Organization: I believe the while Pyramid format would be more exciting, Round Robin would be more fair--On second thought, we could do a two-stage tourney: First stage is round robin, of which the best X amount of teams move on; Second stage is pyramid, "the finals" if you will.
    Nixito, I'd like the date to be a few weeks from now, and using this would make finding an acceptable time much easier.

Also
    Spit and I thought of exactly the same thing!

We'd also need a formal team-app thread, shouldn't be too hard :)
    That also means Team Names :OOOOO MAKE THEM COOL AND AWESOME

Beef and Noc like this.
  5. tommasop

tommasop Catapult Fodder

I like it [AC] would love to participate.:)

6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Builders with such small number of players will be beyond frustrating

Contrary likes this.
  7. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Builders are a must. They're such a huge part of the game. There should also be a pre-build time.

8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

@Carver;

I kinda like the 3 player trend. The dynamic for that would be interesting, and everyone would really have to work together, but on the other hand, 3 players is a small enough number that one mega skilled fucker could slaughter the whole team. Nice balance I think. I'd be fine with whatever though.

Builders

Not at all bothered about them.

Pyramid Structure

All in favour of this.

9. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

^Indeed

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'd like to see multiple types for each match, a best out of 3 perhaps? :)

RCTF
    CTF
    RTDM
    Teams of 5 or 6 seems ideal personally (Harder to get together but 6 is the norm for most competitive online games, it also allows nice diversity (2 archers, 1 builder, 3 knights, the ability to have the 2 archers and still be decent on knights is important, as the change from 1->2 archers is amazing).

The best of 3 allows the highlight of the different classes and shows a variety among the participants:
    CTF - Ability to catch flag, that's all that really matters is getting there and using what you have important, builders are important but so are knights/archers, limited lives added in if it gets too long?
    RCTF - Focus on mix of quick building, small premade map agreed upon for all that is even for both teams used universally throughout the tourney?
    RTDM - No builders, probably the funnest, just knights and archers (no bombs?)

Personal opinion anyway.

As for team names, gonna have to go with the One Eyed Wonder Weasels (or the Backstreet Boys), they're the only two choices.

11. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

So... who wants to miss out on all of the fun and be the judge of who wins or loses?

12. i would like to be the judge.

Carver and Fellere825 like this.
  13. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Haha, this is why I ask the question so directly. Maybe a poll is in order?
    Also, I seriously would like a Two-stage Tournament; You get a sense for competition, and I like people being able to participate, not losing and just watching :/

14. i have solution for a tournament draw that enables teams to play multiple times in a standard knockout fashion, or pools/round robin depending on teams, if you are interested.

15. Vikthar

Vikthar Shipwright

I have a solution that will enable cars to fly without fuel forever! If I don't tell anyone, it doesn't exsist!

Fellere825 likes this.
  16. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Yeah I like your idea Carver of round-robin followed by a pyramid knockout

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Round robin for prelims, then have quarters semis and finals?

(Also seriously having 3 different types would be nice for some difference in there, doing all R TDM or RCTF sounds like it'd be annoying, you'd see the same strategies more or less).

18. when will this tournament be? what are the details?

19. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

All e have so far is teams i think.And it should be around a Holiday so people are off from school and have more time to play and are more available.I dont me on the Holiday but most people will get like 2 weeks off school for say Christmas.

20. christmas holidays are no good, as people will be using the time to be with families. We need to see when most people are on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.