1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Tournament

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Carver, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

May i ask how many teams we are aiming for?

2. i was originally aiming for 12 teams, but now, since we have 14 teams, i think that will be enough, but no more than 16 teams.

3. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Doing this the week before christmas was prob a bad idea.

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Holiday starts late this year(at least for me).
    Have you guys thought about a timetable yet?

5. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

For me, it starts early! I have 3 1/2 weeks off for Chrsitmas! 1 more day of school left until I'm free!

6. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

Are there free bombs for knights on start? Bombs change your play style so extra info would be nice :)

Pizza likes this.
  7. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

So apparently tournament is now beginning tomorrow.... I get this feeling seeping in me like this is going to completely fall apart from lack of organization.

8. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Yeah, I thought we were at least going to wait until this hysteria of the latest build is fixed?

9. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I think we should wait till zombies.The team that lives longest wins!

Klokinator likes this.
  10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There's a game breaking glitch in this latest build that is easy to manipulate that gives the red team an unfair advantage every single time (Tbh I'm probably one of only 10 people who can use it reliably) so I don't know if this tournament should just... go for it like they're doing now.

Dammit I need to take the time to report the glitch in full >.>

Also, even if it's starting tomorrow, what teams go first? What teams go next? What servers do we use? Etc etc etc. This is very poorly organized right now.

11. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Well a few ideas were sput around. I think we should get 3 servers (or more if we can) dedicated to the tournament. 1 in EU, 1 in US, 1 in AUS. Each with the mapcycle etc and a password that is posted on these forums (to avoid randoms filling them up); each group would pick its preferred server and play half of the games on that server, half on the oppositions server.
    I believe Noboru is offering his server for US, I can offer my server for AUS.

12. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Do you speak of the tunneling glitch? Theres a game breaking glitch in every build; we just consider them apart of the game these days :D
    edit: oh shi- double post.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah the tunneling glitch. Unless it was known before 4 days ago, I'm the guy who discovered it. Funny as hell, but pretty game breaking. "Warp to blue base, cross 1 mile of terrain in 3.6 seconds, LOL"

Let's get back on topic now.

Edit: Oh right I think I remember showing you how to do it. Anyway I have all the screenies I need but updating the builder guide and reading manga has been taking my time up. I need to get on detailing exactly how it works.

14. When you get the servers, PM the names and passwords to me and carver, as we are running the tourney. Also, it would be best to have 2 in EU, 2 in US and 1 in AUS, as we have 11 EU and US teams, 1 Brazil team and 2 Aussie teams.

It will start Friday, unless i can get a hold of Carver today. When the draws are put up, teams listed on the left will play on their home server and the first pairing will go first on the server (i.e Team Ghost is a North American team and is first on the draw, that team and its opponent will go first on the North American Server) and work our way down the list till all games for the round are played.

15. siersciuch07

siersciuch07 Horde Gibber

So what is the prize finally?

16. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sorry for my absence, I've been a tad busy with exams! Anyways, I was actually wanting the games to start the week of December 18th, but I'm considering taking that week to really focus on some aspects of the tournament, namely getting a few more servers to allow us to use them. (As it is, Noburu has been really nice about it, but I've yet to ask anybody else--I'm not heavily acquainted with server owners)

Second, It'd also give us time to organize the pairings, post them, and generally set up the individual matches. On that note, I'm also scraping round robin, as it'd take a HUGE amount of games, instead It'll be "Swiss" basically round robin but with a match cap (like 3-5). The knockout would remain the same though.

And Sier, the prize is going to be a donated Gold Account for KAG. there's no real restriction on how you use it; You can give it to a friend, give it to one of the team members, hold onto it, etc. The only real problem with this is that there's only one to give, so if there's multiple members w/o Gold it might be hard to decide who receives the account. (It was donated though, so I'm not exactly complaining :P)

17. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Good know mre info this was helpful.

P.S. School has been crazy lately!

18. dillybar61

dillybar61 Shipwright

Hey Carver!
    Sorry for not getting my team in.
    I have lots of hoemwork and life has been hell.
    I want to help out and i love to give you a map a made which is pretty cool and
    one question about the Gold account?
    Do we get to make the name up for the account and the password?

Sorry for not registerting my team but everyone have fun in the touranment!

19. What is the map called and is it suitable for RCTF? we have picked our maps, but we may add it if its good enough.
    Also, about the account, you create the account and password, then we send you a code which you enter somewhere, thus giving you a gold account.

20. dillybar61

dillybar61 Shipwright

Ok!
    And one other thing, can i put one more team in PLZ.
    If not, I was justing wondering.
    Or can some one invite me to there team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.