1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG's Dying Competitive Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShamWow-SuperRag, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Thats the way to go, we need a bunch of servers for competitive play and these can be used for captains and gatherings on certain time and date

When I look at my team, it's just impossible to manage smaller groups and gather teams of 5 players for CW. The player base is just not dedicated enough to the game, it's fine, but it's fact.

Tournaments NEED to be quick and short for them to keep interest and not end up dead or dying after months of inactivity.

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think the thing that needs to be fixed IS the dedication to competitive. Having 5-6 dedicated players allows for a sub if they can't get 5 players to play on the same day. If your team really wanted to play competitively I'm sure they'd find a way to be more dedicated

3. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

so let's. Get this tournament started

Darknighte9 likes this.
  4. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Well I hope you all at least have fun attempting it :O. I would recommend, if you're going to try and get more newbies involved, setting up a ranked system that goes on something other than K/D. the only ranking system that I am currently aware of is the BD servers K/D count. K/D count does not apply to good archers/builders as they die all the time regardless. And, if you really insist on going this route, add in tier lists. Bronze cup (newbies), Silver cup (veterans), Gold cup (experts), etc etc etc. Good luck. Have fun. Don't overexert yourselves. :3

@Psik - Agree with the majority of your stuff (post after mine).

@Unnamed - How....DARE you edit my post you bastard! (With all the love in the world, Jifflez)

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Psik if you tagged me because you want me to create some maps, then the answer will be the same as when someone asked me to create maps for gather servers: No. It's a waste of time (at least for me) to create maps just for small group of people. And I think new maps are not really necessary for this.

I am clanless, so that's all I have to say.. or maybe not.

I love the idea of the seasons. I also think it would be cool if all news about it and tournaments are announced in the kag's menu/title screen. There should be a box with the best top 3 clans, scores, date or just a notification about next "clan war", links to the scoreboard etc. Something like this: screen-15-06-18-18-53-38.png
    There's a lot of players who aren't in the clans. Who don't check the forums because they are steam players. A lot of them could be interested, so this is why news about the clan wars / tournaments should be displayed in the game window.
    But the problem is without the help of developers (willing to help and update such stuff) it will be hard to change anything. We / you people, can talk about what should be changed etc for few weeks, and I guess it will not change anything. The same with another tournament... Information, focusing on new players, rewards should be a priority.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
  6. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Guys, everyone who is invited to the Social Group PLEASE take this to there. I've already set up a thread.

Radioactive, I'm sure when this thing starts rolling, and if it becomes successful, we'll get a lot more support from the devs.

7. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i doubt they'll support it much or at all. It's not something they need to do

RadioActive likes this.
  8. ShamWow-SuperRag

If it becomes popular, and a major feature of the game, they'll prob support it.

9. CowboyDan

But it probably wont become huge. It's going to be the same exact people playing together now.

10. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Sup @Snake19

I think the KAG community will be delighted if you create and host another tournament for us

::):

Snake19 likes this.
  11. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I love this idea ! :heart:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2015 ---
    Haha thank you for your kindness Dask.
    We'll see what we'll do, we must first think about rules and other things of that future tournament / league

12. ShamWow-SuperRag

Can we focus on what needs to be done? News about Competitive KAG in-game is a side issue, and I doubt it would be supported if we aren't even a league yet. FOCUS on things that really matter.

13. CowboyDan

honestly, you guys are thinking about this too much. First, we should implement the ELO system for clans. Once weve worked that out we can do a tourny. But this isnt something that's going to get ultra popular all the sudden. It's just going to be the same exact people that are in clans now. This will just add another aspect to clans.

14. ShamWow-SuperRag

CowBDan, wrong. We're setting the stage for mor clans to join. Have you looked at the amount of new people joining? Snake put a pic in IRC and there were 477 people on. That is A LOT.

With an ELO system, we need to make a system accompanying that. Its not that system.

I say this again, everyone who was invited to the group, please move from this thread, to there. This is not needed anymore.

EDIT: Posted a new thread on the group. READ

15. CowboyDan

theyre just coming from the steam sale, most wont stay. Everybody that wants to be in a clan is in one.

16. ShamWow-SuperRag

They prob dont know there is a forum and clans, give them time.

EDIT: You cant just slap a new ranking system on something thats dead and say, "Hurhur, its aliveeee. Everything is gonna be alright, clans will not lose interest." Thats exactly what your saying, CowB

17. CowboyDan

Who doesn't know that there are clans? Anybody that's at the level of clan play is in one or doesn't want to be apart of clans.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 19, 2015 ---
    Clans aren't dead, youre just not part of an active clan...

PUNK123 and kittycity like this.
  18. ShamWow-SuperRag

Umm, what about the new players? Like I said, they don't know there are clans.

I wasn't saying clans are dead, because they obv aren't. kek. I'm saying MLK.

19. CowboyDan

New players wont be able to compete and organize at a clan level

20. ShamWow-SuperRag

As I said, give them time. Do i have to repeat everything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.