1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keep newcomers on Kag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snake19, Jun 13, 2015.

1. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

I can get scores of 300+ from murdering plebs or I can play a team game and work on objectives.

2. I just joined a match to teach some new players and RampageX was just rekking all of them. He had a score of like 100-5 or some shit lol.

Vampire, RampageX and ParaLogia like this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Let's kill rampage. Excommunicate him! @RampageX

Chukka and RampageX like this.
  4. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

So many servers; So many players. some really enthusiastic about the game. It's really important we all make them feel welcome so that they stay for the long haul and honestly I've been very happy to see some many regular players help out the newbies; It's a shame apparently not everybody is onboard, but maybe rampage just hadn't read the thread yet.

5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Please, we need more "NEW PLAYERS ONLY" servers so we can actually keep some here.

Blue_Tiger and Snake19 like this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]4 tryharding and not wanting to stop gg
    Sad to see how some people don't give a shit and only care about BD ranks though. Totally ignoring anything you say, even though you know they can speak English. @Snake19 expected more from your clan

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. Leo

Leo Haxor

But Mazey when you play in a "normal" server and not in a server specially for new players you can not know who is new and who is not. You can not ask everyone before you fight, "are you new?".

Fuzzle and PUNK123 like this.
  8. I am disappoint. If you go full tryhard on new players admins should be able to kick you tbh. You're damaging the playerbase.

I'm sure you can wait a week or two until people actually know whats happening.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2015 ---
    Everyone is running around aimlessly, making random shit and saying "how to light bomb". 99% of the people are new. Play a more casual class. Hang back and play builder or support the new players as archer. If they have questions, answer them. If they are spamming dirts spikes or something, correct them.

Last time around everybody decided to spam "YOU FUCKING IDIOT CUNTS YOU ARE SHIT BUILDERS YOU NIGGERS" and then raped them on the battlefield. And guess what nobody stuck around. You of all people should know this given the amount of threads you've created titled kag is ded.

9. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

You can see that in 2 seconds. How they move, how they jab/slash/bomb themselves up. It isn't that difficult.

Kazaco97 likes this.
  10. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I mean it's kind of obvious that there are many new players and simply more than enough players to fill your "For New Player" server. I asked people to change classes but they are relentless. I'm not sure if their are the commands to remove a persons class for a duration of time like that of which was in classic?
    [​IMG]
    [16:34:42] <[BoW] Kazzy> could you please go archer instead of pub stomping fuzzle
    [16:34:43] * COLLAPSE by Sir_Senior_the_Eldes (size 4 blocks)
    [16:34:43] * COLLAPSE by pidde (size 16 blocks)
    [16:34:44] strelok_43_rus connected as " Ivan
    [16:34:46] " Ivan (strelok_43_rus) has joined Blue Team
    [16:34:52] <[AG#] Fuzzle> Nah
    [16:35:13] <sjonnie> they have a new guy server now tho
    [16:35:28] Rin2014 connected as Rin c:
    [16:35:30] Rin c: (Rin2014) has joined Blue Team
    [16:35:34] <[AG#] Fuzzle> 3 kills and you're banned!

11. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

@Mazey
    kabouter is 24 years old, he is not really the style to try hard, Fuzzle, has only 5 kills, 5 killq are not difficult to obtain without dying ^^ '

unless it maybe a screen before his "big score"

Are you sure they try hard?......

In addition Ajfaas and lawrence have a big score too...

@Fuzzle @Kabouter123

12. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

In think he's talking about Adolf (176-30)
    And Fuzzle has 77-9 in the above pic, can't see him in mazey's pic

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

oh sorry @Kazaco97, I did not saw your post before my answer to @Mazey.
    Thank you for posting the logs, in fact it is not a hatitude, that's I want my members is/have.
    I'll talk to Fuzzle.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2015 ---
    Yes he is "Kabouter" ^^'

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  14. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Me and Bones decided to be Builder or Archer instead of Knight, so we can't stomp so many people.
    Haven't read anything other than on this page, but if people wish to have the game live for more than just a couple months, then we need to nurture these people.

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Chukka I will personally kick any one of our members who thinks pub stomping is ok. We need admins to enforce the no pub stomping rule because it's simply not going to help our player retention problem. Maybe not on official servers, but at least on black death and other servers.

The reason people probably think it's ok to pub stomp is because they want the fame that sangfroid gor for slaughtering entire teams. That's perfectly ok to do after the big rush of noobies comes. If you viciously murder them all the time why the fuck would they want to stay?

We need to show players:
    That you can become top tier if you practice enough

This game is different and hard to learn but entirely worth it in the end

Clans are a great way to make this game fun

Don't give up just because it's hard at first

(If they overcame that, then they would have no problem staying around)

16. Yes that's what we all did. The people who are active today are the ones that didn't give up.

Unfortunately we are ruining other peoples first impressions of the game if we rek them every time they spawn. How is that even fun? It's like beating up a baby, you fucked up child abuser! Of course you'll win!

I really think more people should host newbie training servers. I would if I had the ability.

If you don't want to be productive and help teach the new players, do us a favor and just don't play for the next 1 - 2 weeks. Everyone complains about dirt spikes, ground doors, jabspam, and other newbie tactics yet nobody is willing to teach them anything else. Its hard for some of us to teach players when they are dying left and right to veterans.

Idk why people don't want to teach in the first place. You're like their sensei. They'll always look up to you, fight by your side in battle. I personally think its awesome to watch someone grow in skill.

17. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I went ahead and started a second server, "[MaD] Public Training server - FOR NEW PLAYERS"

20 slots. Suggestions welcome.

Also apply for admin if you feel like training noobs and helping them. Do keep in mind that this will in all likelihood be temporary; when there is no longer a need for this training server, it'll likely become a modded server or something and I will remove all admins and go with the ones I already have now.

Also I just noticed there is a filter selection in the server browser for "beginner". It seems to filter for 8player servers only. Can we change this to a custom flag per server so we can indicate it's a beginner server? not a big deal would be handy.

Also Leo, can you please add me to the kick exclusion list on the noob server?

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  18. suspect

suspect Catapult Fodder

we need to stop all these pubstomping badlords *cough ked cough*

19. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Its blackdeath ffs where it logs you're k/d for rank. I'm sure they were in the top 100 before the sale and they shouldnt have to go down just because some new players are on.

20. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Honestly the ranking on Black Death is nice but I don't think anyone cares that much about it. I don't think it's too much to ask veterans to just chillax and play a different class while newbies get acquainted with the game.

Blue_Tiger and suspect like this.