1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Keep newcomers on Kag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snake19, Jun 13, 2015.

1. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

no fuzzle, the point it is to show them what is possible with all the classes, but to also not do it all the time, like every other other game you can go tryhard knight :3

Mazey, kittycity and AmestriStephen like this.
  2. Everyone needs to relaaaaaax and not try hard for the next coupla days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 19, 2015 ---
    yo would it be a good if we posted sangs and some other peeps videos back up on the launcher so the plebs can see em?

3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Why can't you guys just organize small private servers to keep the vet count down. Go play some gather or smth.

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

700 score is pretty much standard... Seriously man?! You should really tone it down a bit. I'm not gonna lie, I got on for the first time in a week last night and I had some times when I just wanted to slaughter the noobies, but I stopped myself. This is a perfect time to practice the classes that you're weaker at. I really enjoyed playing archer last night. Sang and Para were even messing around with a saw bomb jump. For the sake of new players we have to go a little bit easier on them. I recommend going ham occasionally and then toning things down a bit. Not only would you be able to show them that they can be really good at this game if they practice enough, but you can also achieve that lust of blood of yours.

A high population of players would be amazing for this game. Even if 100 new players stayed and 20 of those got to be really good, wouldn't that be amazing? I'd love to find another sang! (All vets) Keep this in mind mind when you want to go on a rampage and destroy noobies just because it's easy and fun.

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

on eus servers ag# members frequently have 300-400 score, and at the end of the day its their decision how they want to play.

6. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

wat

7. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

bomb+saw=boom
    boom+shield=boom jump
    saw bomb jump explained thxbai

Dargona1018 likes this.
  8. TheDirtySwine

300 score isn't absurd. 400 is a pretty tough feat and requires you to pay attention of your surroundings constantly. Anything above that usually means the enemy you are playing against isn't skilled enough. I love when I see players like griever, t3rn, and Neo have scores of around 300-400 because it shows that they are very aware of their enemy, environment, and other factors. If you have a score of 500+ you're either playing against bad players or you're playing too cautiously.
    You spam space bar with 3 or 4 bombs and then drop a saw on them to blow them all up at once which sends you flying across the map usually resulting in your death.

9. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

The best part of that screen shot is the guy named Chinese hot dog..

whisper_dan and TheDirtySwine like this.
  10. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

that is subjective. you cant classify people in that generic way

11. PUNK123

[​IMG]

thanks @TheDirtySwine for confirming sang has an alt :rollseyes:

why do they get the public servers?

12. TheDirtySwine

We've been able to use the public servers for our entire thousands of hours of play time. The least we could do to help out new players is let them on official servers with trusted admins. We technically don't have to do jack shit, but if you're like every other vet you'd agree that kag could use a population boost

101i and Blue_Tiger like this.
  13. PUNK123

I hate those arguements where

"if you dont agree with me you are a noob"

the least we can do is play a game we paid for and leave it at that

14. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yes, and to continue playing, we need a playerbase instead of a Roleplay server with 10 people and then an Official server with 15. The least you can do, actually, is just not play. We need a boost, otherwise the game will die.
    The main people you saw before were veterans, 800-1200 hours played, but eventually, they will get tired of the game. After that, there will be barely anyone playing. We need to bring more people in to spend 400 hours on this game, get better, be able to create their own clans or join others.

I don't expect this to be Steam Release all over again, but this community is a good one that I believe many of us wish others could experience. The main game flaw is retention, and we need to do our duty to this game that we have played so much of, to enable it to continue, instead of being idle and leading to its downfall.

15. TheDirtySwine

Thanks Darg, punk won't listen to me. Everything I say to him is an attack at his ego...

16. PUNK123

we have a pretty stable playerbase, the game sells copies everyday on steam regardless of this sale, we cant make people stay, and ultimately we can be as optimistic as we want, and i chose to not be.
    No. I just dont like childish arguements(like the last one you used)

17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

you could set up a server which automatically kicks you if your account is older than a week, or vice-versa. Would be the best imo

101i and PUNK123 like this.
  18. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

The ones you have run into are absolutely thick morons, then.
    It's also depending on how you talk to them. If you just say "Hey, charge your slashes", they won't do that.
    If you say "Hey, charge your slashes. It's then a double-slash that can break through a shield and get a hit in, or two hits in if the enemy isn't using his shield", then there is a reason to.

If I tell you to run around like a chicken with its head cut off, would you do it?
    If I told you to do that because you would then receive $25,000, would you do it then?

PinXviiN likes this.
  19. PUNK123

Or theyre just steam sale players who want to play the game their own way. Can you stop assuming im doing something wrong, and why would i have time to type all of that out ingame? If you want to help new players restart the mentorship program etc. I hardly think that telling someone to use a mechanic in the game equates to me telling then to run around like a chicken with their head cut off :thumbs_down:. The tutorial itself tells you to use slashes, im just re-iterating it to them ingame.

PinXviiN likes this.
  20. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

We discussed this, there's no way to do it as of now.

OK, fair enough. personally i think it's definitely worth it for those who DO want to listen. The noob servers have been running for a few days now and i've met a good amount of people genuinely excited and trying to learn, because it's a lot fun for them. I kinda remember how it was back when I first saw a tramp in action, saw my first bombjump etc. I can't see how it's going on the BD noob server since I still get autokicked, but on my server it's been very positive so far.

In other new, since there really are a shitload of noobs and my server has been constantly full, I've now upgraded it from 20 slots to 32. We have some helpful guides already, but more are always welcome.